Looking for land access in CT - $

Did you have them fill out the permission/access page in your ct guidebook so there is no issue about you being on the land(especially with anti-hunting neighbor)? In the ct book it also lists a website that links hunters with land owners looking for hunters.

Nothing wrong with xbows during rifle or shotgun season, during bow season doesn't make sense unless you have a disability that doesn't allow you to draw 40lbs.

Yes, I was approved by CT.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Nice amount of tags ct allows, long island, NY by example allows a total of 3 bucks and unlimited does, you can shoot 20 does on long island if you find that necessary, the rules may have changed but in years past if you shot a doe and used your does tag your were given an either sex tag, once you shot a buck that tag was essentially done. This year I think they changed it to only recieving another doe tag

My buddys best year has been 13 permitted deer on long island during bow season

I'm unfamiliar with Conn. Regulations is crossbow only for disabled individuals?

During archery, yes. Anybody can use them in January in zones 11&12. However, its possible anybody can use them during archery in CT if the law changes before the season starts.

I may be part of the minority but I hope nys does not follow suit, I'm all for hunters using xbows during rifle/regular season but personally I thing it gives an significant and unacceptable advantage during bow season. Imho

I may be part of the minority but I hope nys does not follow suit, I'm all for hunters using xbows during rifle/regular season but personally I thing it gives an significant and unacceptable advantage during bow season. Imho

Plenty of threads for that discussion.

Agreed plenty of threads regarding xbows, IMHO I like even how PA differentiates seasons based on flintlock and muzzleloaders, same should be said for the ease of xbows compared to compounds bows and even traditional bows, a lock and load with a scope, I wouldn't consider "bowhunting" the the only thing that makes that any more difficult than a rifle is what? A twig deflection?

are the landowners so fed up with the deer that they want to see results from you? if they are, you may want to take a few doe to show them that you're willing to help them out with the deer problem and not just interested in taking a buck or two...just a thought.

are the landowners so fed up with the deer that they want to see results from you? if they are, you may want to take a few doe to show them that you're willing to help them out with the deer problem and not just interested in taking a buck or two...just a thought.

Yes, they are sick of the deer ruining their plants. However, I am not hunting for free. I did pay $500, so I will probably try to get 3 bucks (2 with xbow, 1 with shotgun) before taking 3 does out.

Yes, they are sick of the deer ruining their plants. However, I am not hunting for free. I did pay $500, so I will probably try to get 3 bucks (2 with xbow, 1 with shotgun) before taking 3 does out.

ok, just a thought....I was thinking if you can show them you're helping them solve a problem they may be more inclined to invite you back next year for the same price or maybe for free........once people see they can make money, they may look around for someone to make even more, but more than likely if they live in CT and have that kind of property money isn't an issue for them...........good luck. 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Shot in the dark, bump for 2016 CT land? season opens in about 1 month (9/15).

Looking for private land access in Connecticut for bowhunting season 2016. Willing to pay $ for access.

Thanks.

If you find something let me know... I'd throw down some $ and I only want to hunt the two weeks till ny opens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1