Time to pack it up

Suilleabhain

So, she who must be obeyed says to me "the basement's a mess, pack your gear up". Now you don't argue about cleaning with a wife born in Ireland. These are the kind of women that scrub the step stone at the front door of their thatched cottages every day on their hands and knees. In fact that's how she scrubs the kitchen floor now. For Christ sake they clean their cleaning stuff. And a mess at a workbench? Totally relativity. Anyway I say yes ma'am. And she says there's V8 in the fridge drink it. Yes ma'am. So I go to the top shelf for Smirnoff and drop an ounce in my V8 with some pepper and head to the basement. The buzz is just catching hold. After all this is an emotional time, packing up. I need some re-enforcements.

Over? With deer season over it's just heating up for us who hunt predators.

The wife has been harping on me, for a week, to put my hunting gear away, because deer season is over. I keep telling her that "HUNTING" season is far from over. Im just being lazy and buying time.

Just made the walk of shame up to the attic to organize and lay to rest my "Deer Gear" until next summer.

It is fun to put away stuff and think back over the last few months of the season.

As I was putting away my wife's .30-.30 It brought back great memories of her harvesting her first deer opening day afternoon.