22 mag?

Well placed 22 mag shot in the head and boiler room under 100 will do the job.The yote will run off with a heart/lung shot so stay on him for follow ups.Head shots are harder but if you hit em right them they wont go to far.What 223 are you looking for?I have a savage bolt I may get rid of because I just picked up a AR.Shoots lights out!!

Well placed 22 mag shot in the head and boiler room under 100 will do the job.The yote will run off with a heart/lung shot so stay on him for follow ups.Head shots are harder but if you hit em right them they wont go to far.What 223 are you looking for?I have a savage bolt I may get rid of because I just picked up a AR.Shoots lights out!!

I was actually looking at the savage and marlin. Def. want a bolt and want to costomize it with a boyds stock and all that. I hear good things about both and they are tack driver guns for the price. And the 22 mag is dead nuts at 50 yards, can hit a quarter consistantly. Should I zero the mag to 100 yards?

I've been hunting coyotes with a 223 but haven't ran into any yet. I recently ot a 17hmr for raccoons, foxes, etc. While I'm calling in foxes and raccoons but a coyote shows up instead, would a well placed head shot under 75 yards with the 17hmr be enough for coyotes?

[edit: stupid auto-correct]

Edited by Elmo

The 17 plain out sucks for yotes.Will it kill them?Sure,but recovery will be difficult even with snow. Headshots would be the only shot for a 17 and I would keep it under 70 yards.If it were between me taking a 17 and a 12 gauge loaded with some stout hevi shot/Turkey loads I would opt for the turkey gun every time.