My 2012-13 Shed Journal.

WNY Bowhunter

• 3 weeks later...

Finally, the February slump is over!!!

I took a little stroll around a couple of properties near Keuka Lake where the snow is mostly gone. The first spot yielded shed #13 for the season. I actually stepped on it while busting my way through a nasty multiflora rose choked thicket.

IMG_0177.jpg?t=1361745467

IMG_0178.jpg?t=1361745480

I decided to take a really quick walk around a buddy of mine's hayfield on the way home just to scout it out and see if it was gonna be worth my time to look here. I wasn't out of the truck from more than three minutes and spotted #14, a decent little 5-pt side...

IMG_0179.jpg?t=1361745463

IMG_0180.jpg?t=1361745464

Looks like a 2.5 year old that has some potential to be a nice one in another year or two...

IMG_0186.jpg?t=1361745523

IMG_0187.jpg?t=1361745523

Stop stealing our sheds Wooly!!!! I swear I feel like you are going around all our zones and finding the sheds before we do lol.

Just Kidding! I've been walking all over the mountain looking for sheds and its harder than deer hunting! I don't just roam around. I follow tracks in snow through all their weaves and turns. Only good thing out of it is that the tracks tell me a story but man , finding a shed is damn hard!

Catskills, Mountain, need a preference point for doe permits fyi. Are you in an area with many deer?

Edited by PostedBoys Gallego