coyote hunting at night?

Sterling Forest requires you to call a number and let them know the make, model, plate # of your car and that you'll be hunting that night. This way when they see a car parked, they'll know what's going on as oppose to a lost hiker or smeone up to no good. This is the only park that I've hunted with such a requirement. Might want to check the parks you're planning on hunting.

just give the landownder a heads up if you are hunting at night...just in case they here shots. i know people on a predator hunting forum that wer surrounded bye cops because somebody reported shooting at night with lights.and sometimes even

local cops dont know game laws

Good idea...You might even want to call dispatch to give them a heads up as well...Couldn't hurt.

Sent from my ADR8995 using Tapatalk 2

just give the landownder a heads up if you are hunting at night...just in case they here shots. i know people on a predator hunting forum that wer surrounded bye cops because somebody reported shooting at night with lights.and sometimes even

local cops dont know game laws

if you hunt hard, you will eventually have the cops called on you

just make sure everything is in order and you will be fine, keep a regulation book in the truck because most LEO's don't know the laws

my truck is covered with predator hunter stickers, you might want to leave a note taped to the window saying you're coyote hunting......

the last thing you want is a cop pulling up on your parked truck, with no one around and a tailgate/bumper covered in blood...that can get ugly real quick

Sterling Forest State Park requires a Predator permit, then you call during park business hours each time your going out and tell them where you'll be hunting plus vehicle info. If there not in I believe you would have call the Palisades State Park Police (Bear Mtn) who has primary jurisdiction over park property. The permit is free by the way provided you pay for the regular permit.

Lol thanks, do you think I should email the DEC stating when and where I will be hunting, just as a headsup?

NO....it's mostly sherriff and Troopers

just keep a regs book and you're fine, depending on the county they might all be at the dispatch center sleeping

just know the law, I had a little disagreement with a trooper who thought it was illegale to hunt at night, I handed him the book, he was pissed, when he found out he was wrong