Ithica Late Season DMFA?

Five Seasons

Its starts this Saturday, First time they have offered a Jan. Hunt in Tompkins County. I've been hunting around Ithaca for Years and I don't see where the DEC is seeing all these deer unless your in the city limits and then you see deer in peoples yards 24/7. I hunted almost every day during regular gun season and I haven't fired the gun yet.

• Like 1

You can go with a bow to Buttermilk Falls State Park or Robert Treman State Park if that works for you.

yeah this is where'd we'd have to go. Honestly I wouldn't even go with high hopes of seeing a door. But if the weather is right it'd just be nice to get out in the woods and maybe add more meat to the freezer.

I saw twice as many cars on the side of the road Saturday then I did on the first day of Regular Deer Season, Sat in the Stand all day, Saw 2 doe about 100 yds out, no shot. Only heard about 6 shots all day. Even though there was still some snow on the ground in the woods I think the 50 degree temps affected the deer movement. Hopefully all the people who drove hours to see our "herds" of deer now realize that the only deer are in the city limits and un-huntable!

I saw twice as many cars on the side of the road Saturday then I did on the first day of Regular Deer Season, Sat in the Stand all day, Saw 2 doe about 100 yds out, no shot. Only heard about 6 shots all day. Even though there was still some snow on the ground in the woods I think the 50 degree temps affected the deer movement. Hopefully all the people who drove hours to see our "herds" of deer now realize that the only deer are in the city limits and un-huntable!

Was wondering if the hunters out there would be successful. Sounded too good to be true.