Another school shooting (in Atlanta)

Elmo

Update:

Apparently one kid got "beef" with another kid which prompted the shooter to pull out a gun and shoot the victim.

School has metal detectors but yet somehow this kid got the gun into the school. Now get this...the shooter was disarmed and apprehended by an off duty police officer who was at the school service as a resource officer. Funny how no one talks about that.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/31/us/georgia-student-shot/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

This was in the article on the school shooting:

"An off-duty armed resource officer who was at the school was able to grab the gun away from the suspect, who was taken into custody."

And they say we shouldn't have armed guards at our schools . . . hmmmm.....

This was in the article on the school shooting:

"An off-duty armed resource officer who was at the school was able to grab the gun away from the suspect, who was taken into custody."

And they say we shouldn't have armed guards at our schools . . . hmmmm.....

They won't even mention that part. The media is a big part of the problem.

The anti's said having a police presence would make their kids grow up in a state of fear. Reminds the of the horrors out there. Yes. Maybe initially. But they'll eventually get use to seeing cops there. They'll also learn not to be afraid of cops instead of associating the presence of a police officer with a tragic event. I remember when I was a kid I remembered the neighborhood beat cop by his name and he knew mine. I would see him in the morning and say "good morning officer hughes" and he would tip his hat and say good morning to me. How bad is that? No, I didn't think there was a shoot out or a robbery must be taking place when I saw officer hughes. Heck, it was when I didn't see him for a couple of days when I tought something bad must have happened.

i know what atlanta is like.I have been there many times..Tough town.

Our daughter lived down there...She and I drove there to go shopping and got lost...Holy crap!!!...That was one fast paced scary drive back to her place in Milledgeville.... in the dark .

Half the city looked deserted and bombed out

Edited by growalot

Our daughter lived down there...She and I drove there to go shopping and got lost...Holy crap!!!...That was one fast paced scary drive back to her place in Milledgeville.... in the dark .

Half the city looked deserted and bombed out

Detroit is worst.

I lived in Lansing MI in the late 80's. I lived a block away from what was named "crack alley." Every nite I was woken up by helicopters above our block and the next morning I would read or hear on the news of drug shootings and most if not all of the bad guys were from Detroit.