DLSR video equipment

stevenjackson

You mean DSLR?

I bought a Rebel XT many years ago and still use it to this day. I've shied away from it whilst in the field as basic point and shoot cams have started to carry much of the functions I would use it for (supporting photography for articles, but not necessarily world-class images).

no question, just tryign to get more involved with it. ANy good links for making homemade tracks? This is a must for and happening soon.

I was under the assumption you were talking about DSLR cameras as well. Which I know a bit of. I don't shoot video with them though. Don't know what you are referring to when you say "homemade tracks".

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a Go pro hero 3. Can't wait to use it this spring. I have some ideas on making a DIY mount for my shotgun. What do you think about battery life on yours. I heard mixed reviews.

here's 2 examples of the gopro. The problem is it doesn't zoom. I would use a good camera like some of the guys on here do, and then maybe a gopro positioned at your face to catch expression.

my comments on what you're watching is in the video description, The stands about 25' up, same for the barn window. I have another video of 2 deer at 15 and they look like 40 on the gopro.

Edited by Belo

Thanks for the video. I use a 1080p HD Toshiba flip with zoom facing me and a standard JVC CC facing the field with 800x zoom. But it's horrible in low light - great in bright sunlight unless of course you are facing the sun. LOL!. I am going to do some test runs with my GoPro and see how it looks. I may use the GoPro facing me and the Toshiba facing the field during my hunts.

Edit: Or I may just attach the Gopro to my motorized turkey decoy and get the big ole gobblers coming in to my set up. How cool would that be??

Edited by Deerthug

Thanks for the video. I use a 1080p HD Toshiba flip with zoom facing me and a standard JVC CC facing the field with 800x zoom. But it's horrible in low light - great in bright sunlight unless of course you are facing the sun. LOL!. I am going to do some test runs with my GoPro and see how it looks. I may use the GoPro facing me and the Toshiba facing the field during my hunts.

Edit: Or I may just attach the Gopro to my motorized turkey decoy and get the big ole gobblers coming in to my set up. How cool would that be??

BEST IDEA EVER!!!!!! i'd love to see that hunt vid!!!