Leupold Vendetta

gfdeputy2

I bought it a few years ago. Although the website says it is not legal in NY for hunting, it IS legal to mount on your bow. This was confirmed by a response email from NYS DEC.

Set up is difficult and not as easy as it shows on the website. The slightest nudge throws it off completely. I've had it mounted on my PSE and used it 2 years ago but I decided to take it off for last bow season and used a handheld RF instead.

I hope you have better luck with it.

• 2 weeks later...

well mounted it last night had to move my my sights back so the brackets would mount together not a big deal & was only because of the Riser design on the Rampage XT & probably most Hoyts

have not aligned it yet with my pin I did however checkd the range using the setup mode laser & is dead on (checked out to 60 yards)

adds a little weight but not bad will align tonight & so far it seems to me it will be a lot better then a handheld

Zhe Wiz I will keep you posted on my thoughts of it after a few days of using it

I too like the versatility of the handheld version.  but I was thinking in reality wouldn't you have to have your bow drawn back to sight in the animal and get an accurate reading  and then press the button to activate the vendetta?  if so, if you have multiple pins, then you could adjust right then.  however, I only shoot one pin, and don't think i have the ability to change it on the fly lik that.  am i just over thinking this?

do not have to have your bow drawn back once you get used to where it is pointing (does work best at full draw)

if your pin sight moves which I believe they do it would be more tricky to use I would think

on mine I point the 20 yard pin at the target get the range say it is at 40 yards I just raise the bow to my 40 yard pin & shoot

well it is all sighted in & works awesome so far I would highly suggest you turn down the poundage of your bow before sighting it in. It does take a while to dial it in & a LOT of drawing your bow

will give it a couple weeks of shooting to see if it stays true so I will report then

but as of now I really like it but will be keeping my handheld as a backup