Cuomo proposes NY DRIVE act

honestly, I'm anti-Safe act, but 200hp vs 400hp is a HUGE difference. One can go sideways, the other cannot. I would not allow my teenager driver to have a 400hp ride.

this puts in perspective why the safe act is trash. belo i'll take you for a ride in my 9000lb, 400hp one tone dully, it about as exciting to drive as limp noodles. then we'll go for a ride in my 200hp neon, after you clean you shorts you can report to every one why picking numbers, colors, names or original uses has no practical application in writing laws! A 10 round clip in a 10/22 has less damage potential then an 870 with a 5 round tube but the 22 is illegal? yep just trash.

This post still makes me laugh everytime i read it!

this puts in perspective why the safe act is trash. belo i'll take you for a ride in my 9000lb, 400hp one tone dully, it about as exciting to drive as limp noodles. then we'll go for a ride in my 200hp neon, after you clean you shorts you can report to every one why picking numbers, colors, names or original uses has no practical application in writing laws!

I hate to rip on anyone's cars but there isn't a neon out there that would make me have to clean my shorts. My best friend has a 9000lb dually that makes most clean their shorts. It has 1100ft lb of torque.

Next, I wonder how many are really falling for this?

I hate to rip on anyone's cars but there isn't a neon out there that would make me have to clean my shorts. My best friend has a 9000lb dually that makes most clean their shorts. It has 1100ft lb of torque.

I'll admit, at first I did, because it wouldnt surprise me if he tried to pull a stunt like that. And I believe the dually bit. Its amazing what some flashpaq tuners can do. i.e., banks kits.

Stage 2 or 3 SRT4 with 350+ hp is enough to make most guys clean their shorts. Careful with those broad brush statements. The SRT4s were among the fastest production cars out there in their day, the stage 2 and 3 cars will hand most production Vettes, Porches, etc their asses.

car talk? yes right up my alley... i had a 700 rwhp Supra that would make you need to clean your shorts after... Huge laggy turbo, Zap it in 3rd gear not really going anywhere, turbo comes on sideways down the road at 85-90mph, yeah that will make your butt hole pucker up lol.

problem is doent matter how much power you make, these manufactures are making 6-700HP plus right out of the box. GTR's are making 500-510, few mods, reflash hello 630awhp. my buddy has a GTR, fully built, makes almost 1200 awhp to all 4 tires, that thing is scary... Neons are fast for they were, they were a production car for a great price that was turbo fro mthe factory, Dodge was smart. Everything is force inducted, they did great in the market. Any turbo car screams for a bigger fuel system turbo and tune and will make great HP.

car talk? yes right up my alley... i had a 700 rwhp Supra that would make you need to clean your shorts after... Huge laggy turbo, Zap it in 3rd gear not really going anywhere, turbo comes on sideways down the road at 85-90mph, yeah that will make your butt hole pucker up lol.

problem is doent matter how much power you make, these manufactures are making 6-700HP plus right out of the box. GTR's are making 500-510, few mods, reflash hello 630awhp. my buddy has a GTR, fully built, makes almost 1200 awhp to all 4 tires, that thing is scary... Neons are fast for they were, they were a production car for a great price that was turbo fro mthe factory, Dodge was smart. Everything is force inducted, they did great in the market. Any turbo car screams for a bigger fuel system turbo and tune and will make great HP.

the thing about the neon was the chassis was pushed to the limit with the stock 110hp. the added 90 or so simply makes it fun to drive!

Hey i just saw this quote...

The time to guard against corruption and tyranny is before they shall have gotten hold of us. It is better to keep the wolf out of the fold than to trust to drawing his teeth and claws after he shall have entered.

-Thomas Jefferson

that would apply to politicians right? LOL

this puts in perspective why the safe act is trash. belo i'll take you for a ride in my 9000lb, 400hp one tone dully, it about as exciting to drive as limp noodles. then we'll go for a ride in my 200hp neon, after you clean you shorts you can report to every one why picking numbers, colors, names or original uses has no practical application in writing laws! A 10 round clip in a 10/22 has less damage potential then an 870 with a 5 round tube but the 22 is illegal? yep just trash.

This post still makes me laugh everytime i read it!

lol @ your neon. If it's modded it's not making 200hp, i't making well over that. And, if this act WAS REAL, I'm very sure it would not include trucks. But I have a modded pontiac G8GT that hauls some serious ass with over 400hp. It chirps when I shift, and the tires break free if i'm not careful. I had a nicely modded factory supercharged grandprix gtp that was nowhere near as scary and that was around 300hp. I understand a lotus elise or mazda miata do not have to put up as much hp to go fast because they weigh less, but they also handle much better and in an accident it would be less destructive then a heavier car.

Lets remember F=MA.

Heck, my yamaha R6 puts 116hp down at the wheels, but i'm not hurting anyone when I wreck it but myself. And none of these arguments take into account newer cars with stability, traction control, ABS, air bags, better suspensions and brakes etc. How about 400hp in a 69 camaro? lol!

Stage 2 or 3 SRT4 with 350+ hp is enough to make most guys clean their shorts. Careful with those broad brush statements. The SRT4s were among the fastest production cars out there in their day, the stage 2 and 3 cars will hand most production Vettes, Porches, etc their asses.

but again, that's not a 200hp car. That's a nicely modded 350hp car. And yes the modded SRT4s were very quick.

Edited by Belo

but again, that's not a 200hp car. That's a nicely modded 350hp car. And yes the modded SRT4s were very quick.

They were production versions straight from the SRT group. The regular SRT4 was a screamer with just over 215hp. Crap your pants fast? Nnot to me, but still pretty darn quick. The stage 2s and 3s from Mopar are in fact crap your pants fast. Ive driven a few of them, came close to buying a white stage 2 after the RT was gone, but decided against it. Now if you took them further than that, they are downright frightening cars. Ive been in a couple that can only be described as violent. In any case, I wouldnt let my kid drive one of the regular SRT4s either.

Its all about power to weight ratio.

They were production versions straight from the SRT group. The regular SRT4 was a screamer with just over 215hp. Crap your pants fast? Nnot to me, but still pretty darn quick. The stage 2s and 3s from Mopar are in fact crap your pants fast. Ive driven a few of them, came close to buying a white stage 2 after the RT was gone, but decided against it. Now if you took them further than that, they are downright frightening cars. Ive been in a couple that can only be described as violent. In any case, I wouldnt let my kid drive one of the regular SRT4s either.

Its all about power to weight ratio.

well, whoever modded them is besides the point. They're not exactly stock and again they weren't 200hp crap your pants quick. I've raced a few back in my stupider days and have a lot of respect for them.

Edited by Belo