Who uses the oldest equipment?

steve863

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

"I would be curious to know who else might hunt with such antiquated equipment?? "... Whoa... hold on there! Antiquated? Really? 

Here is one of my antiquated Flatbows I will be hunting with this fall. One of several Longbows that I own. They all hit what I am looking at and kill just fine. FYI.. my oldest is a 1966 Fred Bear Grayling BearCat Recurve. 

NW02.jpg

Well, I meant antiquated in the sense that many compound bowhunters change bows more than I change socks!  I love it!  You are what archery should be all about!  It should be a primitive weapon and these high tech gizmos bowhunters are using today are a LONG way from being primitive.  Heck, my bolt-action rifle is more primitive than some of these modern compound bows.

I am a techno-junky but I'm not interested in using the latest and greatest (even if I could afford it :) ) I have enough to worry about without having to learn and master computerized gear.

I prefer tried and true equipment. and skill... which as of right now I have less skill then any of your left pinkies.... but that will change.

That is a nice bow BTW