i think my vest is overloaded....

TeeBugg

6 mouth calls, 4 pot calls, 6 strikers, box call, push/pull call, shells, 2 inflatable decoys with stakes, sandpaper,scotchbrite pad, gobbler shaker, gerber multi tool, gloves, facemask, crow call,owl hooter.....im overloaded! Think i may need to downsize a few things....

Edited by TeeBugg

LOL! A friend of mine, who is pushing 60 and has been hunting his whole life, carries so much in his vest that he rattles and squeaks when he walks, yet almost  every year he bags a Tom. I go a little lighter. 3 or 4 mouth calls, a box call, a slate (that I rarely use) about 5 rounds of ammo, cell phone, pocket knife, snack and a water bottle.

6 mouth calls, 4 pot calls, 6 strikers, box call, push/pull call, shells, 2 inflatable decoys with stakes, sandpaper,scotchbrite pad, gobbler shaker, gerber multi tool, gloves, facemask, crow call,owl hooter.....im overloaded! Think i may need to downsize a few things....

I may have you beat TeeBugg LOL. Vest as follows:

-9 mouth calls

-2 box calls

-2 slate calls

-4 strikers

-Crow call

-owl call

-2 other locator calls

-2 pair of gloves

-2 face masks

-knife

-clippers

-toilet paper

-compass

-gps

-sand paper

-chaulk

-thermacell

-shells

-water

-snacks

-2 decoys

I am sure I am missing a few things, but thats most of em. When you park your truck and hike a few miles up a mountain and you dont start heading back to the truck until about 11 you take everything you need.

I carry, box call,3 mouth calls,slate,sandpaper,ton of chaulk,owl,crow,clippers,zip ties,bailing twine,4 decoys and stakes,3 pair of gloves,2 masks, 2 bottels of water, sunflower seeds,extra can of chew,6-8 shells ,plastic zip lock bag, pocketknife, and still have ton of room for more, I have the scent blocker thunder chicken vest. Unbelieveavle space and pockets in this vest, good luck this season can't wait to get out and bust one!

I bought this vest on clearance about 6 years ago at wally world. Made by fieldline. Got it for 5 bucks! Even with all my stuff i have listed i have tons of space left. Only space i really wanna fill is the game bag part of it :)

And by the end of the season you'll find your only using a couple of calls all the time and wonder why you hauled all of that stuff around for the whole season...I did it for years, then got rid of the vest entirely...my back is much better now...LOL

Man you guys carry alot of calls! 1 box and 1 slate is plenty of friction as far as im concerned haha. I'm a diaphram guy myself and I still only carry 2 mouthcalls on me. I believe in being really good with a few calls. I don't buy the whole chirp on everything you have in the vest until they finally bite on one. Learning a hens cadance is far more important then her sound.

And by the end of the season you'll find your only using a couple of calls all the time and wonder why you hauled all of that stuff around for the whole season...I did it for years, then got rid of the vest entirely...my back is much better now...LOL

I totally agree with you TPhunter. I usually only use a few calls out of my dozen or so during the season, but Turkeys are like fish. One day they bite on worms the next day they like minnows.

Each of my calls all make different sounds, anywhere from a really young hen that is high pitched, all the way down to a crackly raspy sound that sounds like a old lady who has smoked for years LOL.

It all depeneds on what those birds want to hear. Turkeys are also like my wife. You tell them what they want to hear it makes the hunters lives that much easier! HAHA!

8 days guys!

Teebug..Glad you satrted this thread..I'm leaving tomorrow morning for Ontario for the opener Thursday, and I DARN near forgot my crow call..

Let's see... 

crow call

2 box calls

3-4 mouth calls

1 pot call and striker

scotchbrite

chalk

mask

2 pairs gloves

compass

twist ties,

pen

rubber bands

toilet paper..in a ziploc.

7 shells    That's SEVEN..not six...not eight...SEVEN...If I shoot one I make sure I replace it before the next hunt...The proper number of shells is SEVEN !!

bottle of water

When hunting Canada, I carry a ziploc with my license, tags and gun registration papers.

I also carry my binocs around my neck and always have a knife in my pocket.

Hunting the woods, I leave the binocs home, but for field hunting I find them indespensible.

If I'm planning to do a decoy setup I carry 2 inflatables and one bobble head in my game pouch.