No internet...

growalot

We tried Mr. B's air card from work to see what would happen...OMG 12 on the down load and 6 on the upload......I'm on the line with frontier again...net in and out and now BAD static on the line...They have been here 3 x's this month...all their equipment troubles :fie:

So far they have replaced 3 modems...rewired our entire house...and still problems...they credited our account 11.00...and are sending someone out to fix the static on the line....We have Verison cells and never any signal problems..but we're on top of the hill and a cell tower is just a mile down the road.....Frontier just can't get their act together

(sp)

Edited by growalot

Funny, last Sunday morning I woke up to a panic situation here.  No wireless signal.  I spent an hour on the hardline with some dude in another country;  me crawling around on the floor trying to read serial numbers, watching out for blinking lights and a dog drinking out of my coffee cup...........

The outcome?  He said my modem/router was chicken chow mein.  I plugged a yellow cable into the back of the modem and could operate one computer at a time for the day.  I was told to call Verizon and beg for a free router as they should charge me for it.  Really?  Damn...... 

Well............later that night the wireless signal was back. WTF?  it has been working fine since then.

Who is our resident IT guy here, hmmm.............Oh John, what's the deal here, ever see something like that before??

I feel your pain Growie!

So far they have replaced 3 modems...rewired our entire house...and still problems...they credited out account 11.00...and are sending someone out to fix the static on the line....We have Verison cells and never any signal problems..but we're on top of the hill and a cell tower is just a mile down the road.....Frontier just can't get their act together

Sounds like the problem is with the wires on the pole or you are just too far from the dmarc. I had that issue when I lived in Honeoye. Now that Im closer to a dmarc I dont have many issues with it and the speed is pretty good.

Funny, last Sunday morning I woke up to a panic situation here.  No wireless signal.  I spent an hour on the hardline with some dude in another country;  me crawling around on the floor trying to read serial numbers, watching out for blinking lights and a dog drinking out of my coffee cup...........

The outcome?  He said my modem/router was chicken chow mein.  I plugged a yellow cable into the back of the modem and could operate one computer at a time for the day.  I was told to call Verizon and beg for a free router as they should charge me for it.  Really?  Damn...... 

Well............later that night the wireless signal was back. WTF?  it has been working fine since then.

Who is our resident IT guy here, hmmm.............Oh John, what's the deal here, ever see something like that before??

I feel your pain Growie!

Sounds like something was reset in the router. Sometimes when they get trouble tickets, the tier 1 guy on the phone cant even get into it remotely, though they will bs you that they can, and the tier 2 guys will hop in there when they have a chance and fix it. Some of the routers the ISPs use have a max limit on how many MAC addresses (network devices) can connect to them before they "fill up" and need to be "flushed out". They do that to try and prevent businesses from using non-business class service. They may have flushed the cache or something. Hard to tell.

I feel your pain Growie!

Could be a sign that thing is going to crap the bed for good soon.  To be honest wireless routers are so cheap now, and the ones you buy off the shelf are 99.9% better then the ones they give out for free. 

• Like 1

So far they have replaced 3 modems...rewired our entire house...and still problems...they credited our account 11.00...and are sending someone out to fix the static on the line....We have Verison cells and never any signal problems..but we're on top of the hill and a cell tower is just a mile down the road.....Frontier just can't get their act together

(sp)

My Dad has frontier at the cabin, and his DSL is SLOW and inconsistent   Its gotten a little better over the last year, but keep in mind this is a brand new run, new wires, new everything so the problem is not near the house its somewhere down the road. 

Yes Mr.B has one for work..

Ahhh Frontier...so I call them yet again on Friday...internet working when ever it wants and the static on the phone had both customer service and I yelling to hear each other...OK they'll send someone out...BUT...if they have to come in we'll be quoted a charge...The hell you say.......you just rewired us and the problems have Always been on your lines and this wasn't told to me the last time I called and your guys came out to fix...YOUR problem...went a bit down hill from there...So one hour later...we have no phone service...and it hasn't been on since Friday and they never sent anyone out...Someone is not going to have a very good Monday morning at Frontier and that would be a manager

If I didn't pay my bill they'd try to ruin my credit...yet I'm suppose to be nice about lousy service when I'm paying good money for it....I don't think so

Yes Mr.B has one for work..

Ahhh Frontier...so I call them yet again on Friday...internet working when ever it wants and the static on the phone had both customer service and I yelling to hear each other...OK they'll send someone out...BUT...if they have to come in we'll be quoted a charge...The hell you say.......you just rewired us and the problems have Always been on your lines and this wasn't told to me the last time I called and your guys came out to fix...YOUR problem...went a bit down hill from there...So one hour later...we have no phone service...and it hasn't been on since Friday and they never sent anyone out...Someone is not going to have a very good Monday morning at Frontier and that would be a manager

If I didn't pay my bill they'd try to ruin my credit...yet I'm suppose to be nice about lousy service when I'm paying good money for it....I don't think so

Damn Girl! Be careful, you get yourself in trouble and we'll have to raise money with a bake sale and bail you out of the slammer. AND.......we ain't doing any bake sales until next Saturday and by them you'll have missed a few days of Spring Gobbler hunting.

Don't raise no Cain with those folks at Frontier! Mr. B will have to invite 11 of his closest buddies over to fill those 12 blinds.............

Grins

Lol I called and immediately asked for a supervisor...that they could not and sure do not pay her enough to deal with me after basically weeks of this bologny...

OK...more refunds.....Today the phone was fixed and a note left...problem in Geneseo with no clue as to when it would be fixed...I was out working ....lol he'd have to get 12 buddies...while clearing 3 trails of downed trees I made yet another blind...LOL ...it's a sickness I tell ya