What would you recommend ?

I am putting in a plot for deer hunting. I am looking for the plot to attract from the start of the bow season (not just a winter weather plot). What have you found to work in New York? I was thinking a clover and chicory mixture. Tell me what you have used to get the deer to that plot in bow season, thanks!

I think clover is King in food plots... depending on what else is around your hunting area can impact it use.

Adding chicory is also great, deer love it.   Clover for me draws them heavy until around the 3rd week of Oct, then it slows a bit.

Clover is easy to plant, cheap in the long run as you can get 5 years if done right out of it.

Clover is easy to grow and attracts as soon as it emerges.

This plot was planted Spring on 2012 seems like it attracted just fine.  It is a clover chicory mix This plot provided great hunts and 2 does were harvested and  4 encounters with nice bucks in 8 sits.

PICT0088_zpsb1a04072.jpg

PICT0136_zps45d23ba9.jpg

WesternNY; that's a nice plot. Martinhunter; the thing about clover and chicory is not to plant it to deep, & try to ensure the soil ph is 6.5 or better. Clover seems to be tolorent to some shade, good stuff. Oh yeah & if you use a  chicory mix & any weed killer don't use spectracide it has a broadleaf killer with half life.