Any interest? NIB 2012 Covert Code Black Cell Phone Cam $185

This is a cam I had lying around (yes, I do have cams "lying" around) that I hadn't got to using yet. For the record, my house flooded last wee as many know, but this cam was NOT even at the house at the time so it is new and in the box.

Moving the cam as I obviously have home needs at the moment.

Will offer this up for $185 plus a few dollars shipping - Paypal gift to save on fees or add the fees.

This cam is the cell-phone cam that will send you pics to your phone via SIM card/go phone plan.

Edited by phade

A trail camera sends pictures to any cell phone? Sounds awesome if it actually works.

It does work...I've posted tens if not hundreds of pics from it on this site alone (one that I have in the field).

post-575-0-12098100-1371753226_thumb.jpg

Edited by phade

I found this:

Scout your deer herd without letting them know you are there. The Code Black Special Ops from DLC Covert allows you to transmit images to your email or cell phone, without ever leaving the house. This keeps your scent out of your "hot spots," allowing the area to be prime for that day when the conditions are just right for a successful hunt. Wireless transmission does require a "pay as you go" SIM card on a GSM network, but does not require a recurring monthly service charge. Users must first verify they have adequate cell service in the area they plan to use this service. Currently, USA providers of this GSM network service are ATT and T-Mobile. DLC Covert estimates that the majority of users will spend about $30-$50 annually for this service. The Code Black camera also offers date, time, temperature, and moon phase image stamping, allowing you to analyze deer movement in a variety of conditions. The 60 invisible LEDs also ensures that the flash from your camera will not spook your wildlife.

It'll send a pic to any cell phone or email address (up to four of a combination of phones/emails). You can be in California and the cam in NY and get a pic. The only requirement is that you have cell service at the location of the cam.

What you need is a SIM card from At&t (better then tmobile imo) and a go phone plan - which is text only. $5 for 200 pics, $10 for 1,000, or $20 for unlimited. That's a monthly fee but there's no contract so you are not tied in.

It is NOT complicated at all to do. All you need to do is be able to follow directions. I set mine up the first time with no qualms...not even a hiccup.

Edited by phade

Your distance from the cam is irrelevant, but you need decent coverage in the area of the cam.  I know it works with ATT, not verizon.  Not sure about others, but you can have the pictures sent by email so that even with verizon it works.  You just need to set up an acocount with ATT - figure $5/month unless you are sending a boatload of photos.  It may work directly with sprint.

Maybe it'll help illustrate.

I have a verizon phone. The cam has At&t SIM and go phone (pay as you go) plan...it sends pics to my phone without issue. It'll do the same to your Sprint phone. I also have pics sent to my email. So it takes a pic, sends a text and an email to me.

It's not the cell phone that matters, it's the cam's SIM card that needs GSM (at&t or tmoble) platform to work.

Verizon and Sprint run on a more complicated network and that costs more to "hack" into to use their cell service on the actual cam. It is also not as common worldwide as GSM (most other countries use GSM).

post-575-0-07543000-1371755358_thumb.jpg

post-575-0-45825300-1371755375_thumb.jpg

post-575-0-49338800-1371755399_thumb.jpg

post-575-0-96461200-1371755417_thumb.jpg

Edited by phade