So what about Zimmerman?

sits in trees

my biggest issue with this is, if Zimmerman was such a pussy that he couldn't even punch his way out of a paperbag, and that's how his defense team portrayed him, than why in the world would he pursue him? because he had a gun and he knew that he could fall back on that if things got rough?...the way I see it, most people don't look for a fight if they know their such a mess, unless they're given no other choice, he had other choices but chose the wrong path......they say, don't bring a knife to a gunfight, but in this case don't intentionally bring a marshmallow to a fistfight.

Edited by jjb4900

ny hunter is right:  The kid was doing nothing wrong when Zimmerman confronted him.  Zimmerman did not act in self-defense; he was an offensive aggressor.  Whatever happened...however it went down (and we will never know, for sure) the altercation was initiated by Zimmerman.  He should pay!

- Zimmerman had a responsibility as an armed citizen to think proactively. For this reason I think he should be punished.

- one news source claimed that there is a law in Fl that prohibits a neighnorhood watchman from carrying while on duty. If that's true, he should have been charged with breaking that law, not murder. There has to be some degree of negligence he should be held responsible.

- sadly it does not matter what lead up to the moment he feared for his safety or life. At that 10 seconds before he killed the kid, the use of deadly force is justified. He should be found not guilty for murder.

- shame on all politicians and celebrities for not being diplomatic to reduce the outrage. I probably speak on behalf of many of you when I say I'm sick and tired of trying to bury this racism crap in this country. What's it gonna take?

"Law is free of emotion"

Regardless of Zimmerman being guitly or innocent its the prosecutions job to get a Jury to decide if he has commited a crime beyond a reasonable doubt which I feel they have not adequately done. There are to many "what ifs" in this case to have even attempted a murder charge and they should have tried to prove a manslaughter case. I think the way this case was handled it would be a disgrace of our justice system to get a conviction here as the evidence is underwhelming.

there's a big difference between finding yourself in a dpf situation and intentionally putting yourself in one......if this guy was such a pussy, as his defense team made him out to be, he should have stayed in his car...........apparently his thought was that he can just shoot the guy since he knew that's all he had as a personal defense.

I doubt zimmerman gave it fore thought. He felt brave because he had a gun and determined to follow this suspicious young man not expecting the any confrontation let alone one where he was on his back getting beat. Regardless of how he got into the situation at the point that he fired his weapon in self defense. His actions prior is where you can argue manslaughter which the prosecution failed to do.

I doubt zimmerman gave it fore thought. He felt brave because he had a gun and determined to follow this suspicious young man not expecting the any confrontation let alone one where he was on his back getting beat. Regardless of how he got into the situation at the point that he fired his weapon in self defense. His actions prior is where you can argue manslaughter which the prosecution failed to do.

that's the big question, did the beating he supposedly get warrant dpf................from all I've heard he wasn't getting a severe beating nor did his injuries even remotely suggest he did.

Regardless of why he was there, if attacked and in fear for his life, he had a right to defend himself.

You don't convict and send someone to jail because of opinion.

It requires one to be found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt of violating a specific law.

Some here and around the country seem to think that that all is needed is popular opinion of a mob to send someone to jail or more.

Zimmerman may very well be guilty of poor judgement, but he was breaking no laws and there is no proof he was threatening Martin in a manner justifying Martins attack on him.

• Like 1

If someone is on top of me, slamming my head into the ground while telling me he is going to kill me, I would take any measure possible to end the threat.Given that scenario JJB, what would your reaction be with split seconds to act.

• Like 1

Injuries weren't severe? Split head and a broken nose while the person is still on top of you isn't severe? Do you need to be put in a coma first maybe a few missing teeth? The severity of the injuries is kinda of arbitrary but the perceived threat is definitely there. Is it enough to create reasonable doubt in my mind, yes.

If someone is on top of me, slamming my head into the ground while telling me he is going to kill me, I would take any measure possible to end the threat.Given that scenario JJB, what would your reaction be with split seconds to act.

I doubt his story of the severity of he beating, and I've seen more than my share of people who have taken a beating and never thought they were going to die as a result............much more severe beatings then Zimmerman claims to have endured...................like I said, if ur that soft that a punch in the face is gonna put you in fear of your life, leave your gun in the house and stay on the couch.......................all his injuries were consistent with a school yard brawl.................and he never even got xrays for a broken  nose.