Significant Other

Renegade Hunter

So where did you end up meeting your wife/girlfriend?? I met my wife in the USMC while we were both stationed at Twentynine Palms CA. She was a Combat Engineer and I was Crash Fire Rescue. She is originally from Texas and lived there till 12. Then turned yuppie and moved to Florida lol. Now here she is in upstate New York and lovin every minute of it! :girlcrazy:

She also loves to fish and hunt. Shoots a Bear Apprentice 2

Edited by Renegade Hunter

My wife and I were just platonic friends for a few years.  Her friend is married to my friend so we use to all hang out.  I was a perpetual dater and she use to try to set me up with some of her friends but we never thought of each other in that way.  The our mutual friends became parents and then all of a sudden the group of four went down to two so we started spending more time together which eventually lead to certain benefits.  One night I was out with another woman who asked me to go up to her apartment for a "cup of coffee" and for some odd reason I froze and all I could think of was I wanted to go see her.  It was like a light bulb went off.  All through the drive from that woman's apartment to her place I kept on thinking how I've been chasing around trying to find the right woman and she was right there in front of me the whole time.  We got married 2 years later.

• Like 1

I met my wife at my first job working at Waldbaum's. I was 16 years old and she was 17. i was a cashier and she was the front end manager who trained me. This was at a time when there were no scanners and barcodes. Everything had to be manually inputed into the register. I was not allowed to touch the money so after inputting the prices I would sit back on the conveyor belt and every time I sat back her hand happened to be there. We went to the same college for a year then I transferred to another local college graduated and then went away to law school in Michigan and she continued on with her masters locally. We got engaged during my last semester in law school. Married at 25. This August will be 30 years that we've known each other, 22 of which we've been married, own a house, and two kids ( a 16 yo girl and 12 yo boy) and looking at colleges already. Who would have thunk it 30 yrs. ago??

That is an awesome story Elmo. I use to kind of "Date around". My wife wouldn't give me the time of day at first. Being in the Marines I was a HEAVY drinker. Fighting and drinking all the time. It took a little while but she changed me for he better.  Lol funny how things work out

Edited by Renegade Hunter

My friend hooked me up with his little sister , a group of us were driving to a Halloween party and the 2 of us were sitting next to each other in the back seat when my buddy turned and looked at me and said " Jerm did you know malinda is single?" talk about awkward , i made sure to drink enough that nite so that i had the nuts to talk to her about it . December will be 6 years , we just bought a house together ,we got a dog and she doesn't know it but her ring will be finished this month ,just in time for our vacation to the Adirondacks .

My girlfriend, soon to be fiance (ring will be ready for pickup in 2 weeks) is from the same town as me. We always knew of each other but never were in the same school. She was 8th grade (middle school) when I was in 12th. She was in the same grade as my brother. She was the "hottest" girl in the grade according to my bro and his friends. Anyway, flash ahead to when I was 24 and living in NYC, her brother (older than me) lived in the same neighborhood (upper east side). I ran into all of them out one night in nyc, she was now 20. We hit it off, she said her and her friends always had on a crush on me (the older kid). We have been together ever since. A year later, I moved out of the city back to my parents and did the long commute to nyc to save $ and be closer to her. It was the smartest thing I ever did. Never rented again, bought a place in westchester county in '11, she moved in last October. It's been over 4 1/2 years now together, I'm 29 now, she's 25. Engagement will be this summer.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

She will never hunt, but she's not against it. Occasionally, I get her to come out fishing. She would kill me if she knew I posted this pic of her fishing at 7am in Lake George...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

post-871-13742950235917_thumb.jpg

post-871-13742950716749_thumb.jpg

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Mr B. bought me a drink at the club I worked..my day off ...we talked about an hour and then I left.... Found we had a lot in common but I never gave it a second thought...We met again at a wedding a year later..I was the third wheel with a roomy and her boy friend...He was two tables over surrounded by good looking girls hanging on him sporting a mustache...... I didn't recognize him...next thing I know he's tapping on my shoulder...We talked the rest of the nite and his ride left him...I drove him home...happen to live in the same town..Went mudding the next day and three months later we got married...(No..First born was 4 years later ;) ).....his friend told me later that the first nite we'd ever met, he'd told him "some day I'm going to marry her"...that was in 1979.

My family went to a campground we went to every summer and I brought one of my friends with me for the week. My friend and I kept seeing these two girls walking around so we would wave and say hi to them. We played a game of volleyball with them and we had to leave for the night in the middle of the game and my wife left the next day. We didn't know where they were from or much of anything about them. A week later I had to start summer school and ran into her on the first day. We hung out for a few weeks and then started dating. That was 13 years ago this month. We had a few break ups because I was young and dumb and didn't realize what I had. I smartened up and we have been married for 6 years and have a 4 year old daughter