Dicks Sales Associate

Cabin Fever

I was in at Dicks yesterday, looking around while the wife was shopping. A couple was standing there looking at the minerals and attractants. The sales associate speaks up (without the customers saying anything to him) and says, "Just so you know, those are illegal to use in NYS UNLESS you use them for photography purposes, that's why they are right next to the game cams." They thanked him for the info, then the sales associate says, "I'm not only here to sell, but also to educate." WTH???? Oh, that dumb B@$^#%*!! Some people would be better off just not opening their mouth! I just chuckled, shook my head, and walked away! That's why I NEVER ask for opinions from the guys that work at some of these sporting good stores/departments!! I pick up some pretty good deals there sometimes, but I wouldn't ask for any advise!

Edited by Cabin Fever
  • Like 1

I said it before... If its illegal to use in nys it should be illegal to sell or ship in nys!

I can see your point but down here in the Hudson Valley we are so close to bordering states it just a convenience for some hunters to stop during the week and get things for that P.A. weekend hunt. I even bought my illegal crossbow at Gander Mountain here in NY..

I can see your point but down here in the Hudson Valley we are so close to bordering states it just a convenience for some hunters to stop during the week and get things for that P.A. weekend hunt. I even bought my illegal crossbow at Gander Mountain here in NY..

Still... It would stop a lot of people from saying that they didn't know they couldn't use it. If someone wants to use an attractant out of state, I'm sure that there are plenty of places in PA or NJ to find them.

Did the DEC ever clarify the feeding rule after the Sullivan County case? In Hamilton County it was rumored that the GWs considered the feeding ban null and void until there was a formal clarification.

Haven't heard one way or the other.

The Dicks that I was talking about was in your neck of the woods Sam! (Auburn)

Any mineral or attractant is illegal for any use with wildlife.

If mineral and feed is illegal to sell in NY, how else will DEC make a living? Perhaps the solution is not to ban the feed, but to change the laws. Oh, that's right, a judge already overruled thy one in Sullivan.

Not all wildlife is banned from feed. I can feed squirrels all day long until they poop out brown peanut butter and I'll be perfectly legal. Choose your words wisely, else you want to be just like the dumb B@%{*+#=} mentioned earlier.

If mineral and feed is illegal to sell in NY, how else will DEC make a living? Perhaps the solution is not to ban the feed, but to change the laws. Oh, that's right, a judge already overruled thy one in Sullivan.

Not all wildlife is banned from feed. I can feed squirrels all day long until they poop out brown peanut butter and I'll be perfectly legal. Choose your words wisely, else you want to be just like the dumb B@%{*+#=} mentioned earlier.

So I can set up a feeder just for the squirrels during deer season and I should be ok? I will even put a sign on it, "squirrels only!"????

Read the original post dumb @ss!!!!!

So I can set up a feeder just for the squirrels during deer season and I should be ok? I will even put a sign on it, "squirrels only!"????

Read the original post dumb @ss!!!!!

Oh, I guess that hit a nerve. No need to get your panties in a bunch. The original post indicated that a sales associate at a big box store doesn't know what he's talking about as was called a dumb B@^[%]^{. And your post is very similar in that you are giving wrong info as well.

I think you can put 2 and 2 together. You're a smart lad.

I you would like to continue the name calling, I have no problems getting a mod in here to help cool you down.

Oh, I guess that hit a nerve. No need to get your panties in a bunch. The original post indicated that a sales associate at a big box store doesn't know what he's talking about as was called a dumb B@^[%]^{. And your post is very similar in that you are giving wrong info as well.

I think you can put 2 and 2 together. You're a smart lad.

I you would like to continue the name calling, I have no problems getting a mod in here to help cool you down.

Can I feed the squirels corn during hunting season???