Hay Bale Blind

NYSuperSportsman

My buddy built one of these from a kit that he bought online last year. This year I decided that I wanted one and we were able to find all the materials that we needed locally. The basic frame is built from 2x4's and plywood and then the rounded sides are made from concrete mesh that is bent to give it a round shape. It was then covered with a tarp and then a straw mating that is normally used for erosion control. Just thought I would share. The whole project cost less than $100. Looking forward to sitting in it in a few weeks!!! 

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x421/NickRL09/image_zps403a97a3.jpg

image_zps403a97a3.jpg

Edited by NYSuperSportsman
  • Like 3

Like I mentioned before I hunted out of one of these last season and it worked perfectly. Dark clothing will be warn inside the blind and the deer don't seem to pay any attention to it at all. The straw also helps knock down some human scent. As far as how long it lasts. I will definitely need to continue to add to the straw for the next few years and possibly replace the matting on the outside in 4-5 years. Its about $70 to cover 2 blinds. I split it with a friend therefore it cost me 35....