Stealth Cam Reaper zX7

Fantail

So I'm at Dicks sporting goods and decided to pick up one more cam for a new spot on the property. Mentioned the price range to the guy working there and he tried to sell me the WGI Blade 7mp. Looked like an ok kit ready to go but I didn't want to bite another WGI cam. The Stealth Cam was also a kit (sd card & batteries) & about the same $ so I picked one up with the 2-year warrenty.

6mp, burst mode, video ir, time date moon phase

Yup I know the Blade had better ratings, but I didn't like how the WGI cam worked out or their customer service. The Reaper was a peice of cake to set up, I needed reading glasses to read the fine print instructions though damn. Another thing I like about it is 8x AA's instead of C batts. She's going up to camp with me next weekend as I finish up the new spot/stand.

3 weeks to the opener, well it's a new spot opened up or I should say easier access to the area opened up from the logging, new trials and I can finally hunt a side of the marsh where I friggin know they travel through and bed down at times. Walking through checkling out the area noticing the tracks and then just the right tree giving a little added elevation - better thermals - so I can face the stand n/w and get an eyfull of the area past the marsh which is on a slight ridge 20-30 yards from the skidder trail next to the marsh which also gives me another entrance point to help avoid getting patterned.

Sorry but it's a little difficult to get this new spot off my mind..

Edited by Fantail

fasteddie I have the same reaction to my WGI cams, but didn't want to get burned by another. So it was time to try another brand, new model. There was a Moultrie or two there, C-batteries, forget that. Funny how you can go to another thread somewhere and someone will claim they're junk to.

I have a Stealth Cam that does not take pictures at night. I emailed them their response was he don have a repair department, but will give you a discount on a new stealth cam. Well they just lost me as a customer.

Here is their email response

Should you be out of warranty or do not meet the warranty requirements, please note that we do not have a repair service available.  However, we will be glad to arrange for a replacement with a new unit, with a significantly discounted price, which would include a full one year manufacturer’s limited warranty.  This is a limited time offer, subject to change without notice.

Edited by HectorBuckBuster

I also have a couple of Moultries . The I-35 continues to work and the battery life has been great . I have a WildGame camera out that also continues to work - so far .

I also have a Moultrie I40 that no longer functions . I sent an e-mail to Moultries Customer Service a couple weeks ago and never heard anything from them .

I have 4 Primos Truth Cams that work and just bought a Moultrie D-338s trail Cam that I havn't opend yet .

No more Stealth Cams for me !  I didn't mean to go so far offtrack on the OP's thread .

You are getting input from people with experience with Stealth cams. I have tried them in the past and had issues as well. My Moultries worked great, just had issues with LCD displays, which were easily repaired. WGIs I had mixed results with. I have had no issues with my current Coverts, but time will tell on those as well.

So this isn't really a review section it's a piss whine and complain section. I see I've wasted my time and enthusiasm here.

Not at all. Stealth is just universally THAT bad.

Any research on Stealth cams via CG or even TCP show they have poor battery life, very inconsistent performance, and largely unhelpful CS. Now, that's certainly not to say they can't make a camera that works and some users do have good experiences; it's just that reviews reflect the masses. It's not a great cam company or cam manufacturer.

Personally, I've owned or operated a handful of Stealth cams and Wildview cams. I've returned all of them except on Wildview cam that lasted 3-4 years. One Nomad went back 4 times before I opted not to bother return shipping. They sent me a new, dead camera each and every time. CS was indeed nice, byut honestly, they didn't have much of a clue nor were they able to provide any tech advice.

Nobody likes to hear bad news about something they bought just before learning of that news. We've all been there. Hopefully you get a great cam and can report back to us how many pics it takes, etc. It sure is possible.

Edited by phade