Just got permission for a new farm!

WNYBuckHunter

Ive mentioned in a few threads that we moved recently, and I just gained permission to hunt one of the 3 neighboring farms. So far its a couple hundred acres, most of which is field, but the farmer that owns it is the brother of the farm on the other side of us and he said all I have to do is ask his brother and he should give me permission for his two farms as well. All three farms put together will total right around 2000 acres. Ive been glassing a bit and this place is loaded with deer, coyotes, and they have been seeing a bear or two on the farm as well. I really hope it goes well when I talk to the other farmer.  :)

There are some other guys hunting the farm already, so I will probably hold off from deer hunting the farm this year, as I wont have time to properly scout and I dont want any of them upset with me messing any of their sets up. I will probably start by hitting coyotes after deer closes.

Yeah Ive met the guys, just havent had a chance to talk to them since I gained permission. Im going to set up a stand at one location that Ive checked to make sure there are no other stands nearby. Its a hedgerow overlooking a draw with a ditch running between fields in the bottom. The hedgerow is loaded with white oaks that have laid down a carpet of acorns. I figure once the corn gets cut, the area will be a magnet.  ;)

2000 acres and only 7 hunters?  That's 285 acres each.  I think you would be able to hunt deer this year without any trouble if you find out where the other guys are hunting and use an area they aren't using.

(That's probably the area the deer have learned to hide out in anyway!)

;D