Slugs in a full choke barrel

I have a older 20 gauge shotgun, 2&3/4" chamber with a full choke smooth barrel. Can I shoot the regular "Foster" type slugs with the full choke? My new gun with the rifled barrel I believe is improved cylinder choke and I use the new sabot slugs in it. This older gun I am asking about is a backup / rainy day gun. Thanks, NYDeere.

Every shotgun, like every rifle, is an individual...

In general, as Larry said , full chokes don't group as tight as more  open chokes..That's why most smoothbore slug barrels are choked Improved cylinder or cylinder ( no choke at all)...

However, I have seen some full choke guns that shot VERY good groups with foster slugs, and I have seen some open choked guns that did not group well at all.. The only way you can tell for sure is to shoot it off the bench and see how it performs..

Thanks for the replys and your thoughts. As mentioned, my slug gun with the rifled barrel is my main gun and it does shoot a good sabot slug and most likely is the "cylinder" like Pygmy said. I have this other gun with the full choke and want to take a new hunter out with me. I will take it to the range and shoot it this week and let everyong know how it shoots a Foster slug.  ;)