pheasant hunting

• 2 weeks later...

Its funny because I was actually looking to go the other way. My buddy with a bird dog just moved away and I was looking for a place that took care of such particulars as I dont have the time or the property to train a dog, Anybody have any suggestions ?

JKZ- I don't know where you are but this preserve I highly recommend. No frills. I bought my Springer (Bumper) from Loraine and she helped me in the training. She also has dogs she will run for you. SHe has pointers and flushing breeds. Great lady and very down to earth. Located 1/2 hour south of Rochester

http://www.pheasanthollow.com/

Haven't seen a section here on the site yet and I know this is a NY site but for any New Yorkers traveling to hunt maybe a recommended section on good outfitters---or bad ones.

• 2 months later...

How is stewart these days.I used to hunt there alot in the 80's took alot of birds there.

It's not bad! It's busy during big game, but I usually only hunt small game there. Big game once and a while but might have to this year cause I have no private land anymore and can't find any.