Broadhead accuracy problem

CuseHunter

A correctly tuned bow will shoot field points and broad heads the same. I have used nothing but fixed blades for 25 years ,last 15 or 20 cut on contacts.

Never had to adjust anything when shooting BH.

Good luck.

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 1

I think you are supposed to adjust your sight pins if your shooting to the left move the sight to the left, if your shooting low, move the sight lower ,not the arrow rest.

Wrong. If your field points and fixed heads are not hitting the same spot your bow is out of tune. Moving your sight is a bandaid. If your bow is not tuned properly you are losing potential energy. By fine tuning your bow correctly by making micro adjustments to your rest you can have the same poi with both fps and bhs.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I just read this in a long archery tuning article and will be doing it. It my broad heads don't fly right after that I'm done and will go to a mechanical head. Either way I'm going to my archery shop (legends of the fall) this weekend because I just paid them $29 to install a d loop and cut 3 arrows After buying the bow from and and paying for new cables and strings I think they should be able to help me without making me she'll out more money.

Good luck with them. They nickle and dime you for everything even after they promise to take care of you after you do 1400 on a new set up. 7 out of 10 times you have to fix what they mess up also. I either take my stuff to kleins archery in dryden or do it myself. LoF will never get another dime from me. Most of the work is done by the kids. Jeff is always too hung over from his last bender.

Good luck with them. They nickle and dime you for everything even after they promise to take care of you after you do 1400 on a new set up. 7 out of 10 times you have to fix what they mess up also. I either take my stuff to kleins archery in dryden or do it myself. LoF will never get another dime from me. Most of the work is done by the kids. Jeff is always too hung over from his last bender.

That's what I've noticed with the service. Seriously pissed after buying my bow there, then paying $130 for new cables and string. I got it back and it didn't shoot good groups. Brought it there so they could re adjust my kisser because the string stretched a bit since the install. Ended up needing a new d loop supposedly even though I JUST had the cables and string replaced. And then got 3 arrows cut. Came to almost $30 and I was like wtf.... And it still isn't tuned 100% I'd say. I think there is a slight clearance issue with the drop rest. Just a hunch I have. It's just feustrating because it's almost an hour drive there and I spend this money for "professional" techs and get mediocre service

It would be a bit of a drive, but Barretts Bowhunting in Elmira is a great place.  Those guys do not mess around.  I got my bow there 2 years ago. I wanted a Z7Xtreme in camo, with a Black Gold sight, WB rest, and a mathews quiver, Axion stab, wrist strap and 6 arrows.  I originally went to AJ's and Hooler's and got quotes for what I was looking for, and my budget($1300 fully set up and out the door, not a penny more).  AJ told me $1500 and if I wanted to be "close" to $1300, I'd have to go with a low end sight, rest and quiver, but they might be able to do it....Hooler's quoted me $1400, but said he could work with me, so I felt a little better....then I went to Barretts.  I got my bow set up the way I wanted and I got the accessories I wanted WITH ARROWS for $1298,  $2 under budget.  The tech at Barretts set me up, worked on my bow with me for about an hour and a half, tweaking every little thing, and then the owner Don came out and checked my bow over..."Before it leaves my store, you are happy and I am happy with it."  I had them redo a D-loop for me once last year and they did not charge me.

That's what I've noticed with the service. Seriously pissed after buying my bow there, then paying $130 for new cables and string. I got it back and it didn't shoot good groups. Brought it there so they could re adjust my kisser because the string stretched a bit since the install. Ended up needing a new d loop supposedly even though I JUST had the cables and string replaced. And then got 3 arrows cut. Came to almost $30 and I was like wtf.... And it still isn't tuned 100% I'd say. I think there is a slight clearance issue with the drop rest. Just a hunch I have. It's just feustrating because it's almost an hour drive there and I spend this money for "professional" techs and get mediocre service

Yeah my brother got a set up from then and they messed up his drop away and had to get it adjusted for clearance. I just bought a bow press and have been learning to do my own work.

Yeah my brother got a set up from then and they messed up his drop away and had to get it adjusted for clearance. I just bought a bow press and have been learning to do my own work.

Learned to paper tune my own bow pretty much as soon as I realized I can do it on my own. For other things that requires a bow press, I bring it to my favorite shop and wait for my favorite guy to work on it.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Learned to paper tune my own bow pretty much as soon as I realized I can do it on my own. For other things that requires a bow press, I bring it to my favorite shop and wait for my favorite guy to work on it.

A go to guy in almost invaluable. Your lucky.!

Jeff @ Legends is the best in the area. I've never had anything but fantastic customer service there.

I don't mind paying a slight mark up for my gear to buy from local business, especially when there is knowledgable pro staff. But when it gets to the point of having to get nickel and dimed, really looking to switch to AJ's archery. Seems like a good place.

Edited by NYbuck50

I wouldn't call it luck, as I've gone and been to places that I wasn't so happy with. It's a matter of looking and not settling. I was lucky that he's only 45 minutes from me.

Well yeah that's more or less what I was getting at.