2 issues i had while hunting...

Vince1

Rain, had a decent poncho but coudnt put the hood on my head from my treestand, hat got soaked head got soaked wind made me cold.

what kinda headgear can i get other than a shower cap, which i just may do and put under my hat.

Quiver... HUGE headache, got a side quiver cause i figured it would be better than a back quiver as i have so much stuff to lug around on my back.

quiver stuck time it got stuck to something i lost an arrows and had to backtrack once to find my arrow.

kinda made some on the spot alterations with paracord that helped a bit.

in the end i just strapped it to my backpack.

whats a good quiver to use? dont want to use one for my bow.

thanks in advance.

I also don't use a quiver for the reason it keeps getting caught up on branches, etc.  I carry one arrow with me in my hand or nocked.  I don't think I have a chance at more than one shot.  Either I'm going to hit or I'm going to scare everything away.  If the location is fairly easy to get to (clear path or short hike) then I have a quiver that attaches to my bow and will carry a few arrows, because, why not?  Once I get to my spot, though, I take the quiver off and lay it next to me.

For rain, I have 2 hunting jackets and they both are water proof and has a hoodie on top.  One heavier one for winter, and one light one for the fall.  This weather though is ridiculous.  It's been so hot that I've been hunting in a t-shirt.

I use a three arrow quiver. I have on a couple instances wished I had more with me.

I've also killed bucks and does on the second and sometimes third arrow - not something to brag about or be proud of, but at one time or another, a miss or a bad hit will happen and the arrows are needed.

I have a bow mounted quiver that I detach once in a stand and hang on a hook.

Can you buy some rain gear? Even cheaper stuff is better than a poncho.

For all the many thousands I've spent on all my gear the cheapest thing by far that I use is a good old Kwikee Kwiver.  I hang it in the tree when I get into position.  I can kill with it on the bow but prefer to shoot with it off the bow.

I bought one of those umbrellas that attach to the tree im in. I like it as it works really well. I've watched and shot deer under it many times without a hitch.

X2 , binn using one ever since the came out, Up a tree and on the ground.