Road Kill Antlers

Five Seasons

You guys ever paroose ebay for antlers? A nice set of cutoffs can bring a pretty penny. Even a bunch of small ones sells pretty well. People buy them for crafts, etc all the time. I have a pair of cutoffs sitting on a shelf for decoration. Eventually Im going to use them to make a lamp or something else.

From the DEC website:

Question: Does the DEC pay for repairs when a deer damages my car?
Answer:
 No, the repair of damage to a car from a car/deer accident is the responsibility of the vehicle owner. Generally, automobile insurance will cover the cost of repairs for this kind of accident. The Environmental Conservation Law allows the owner of a vehicle damaged by collision with a deer to keep the carcass for consumption or give it to a third party. The accident must be reported to a police agency and a permit obtained.

It doesn't specify antlers, but the gist is that a permit is necessary. It is also interesting that it states "owner of a vehicle damaged by collision." This would seem to exclude someone else in the vehicle who does not own it, someone who sustained no vehicle damage from the collision and of course, someone who came along after the collision. It would be interesting to see the actual wording of the law.

On antlers, I guess it depends on your project. If you are aiming big, you have to get 'em wherever you can. It might take a long time hunting to build this... :)

Antlers.jpg

I try to call them in whenever I find one but they keep hanging up on me..

I'll probably just turn myself in this year.

Probably deserve to be punished for all the roadkill and shed antlers I've rescued... I mean stolen from the environment.

• Like 3

You mean like someone decorating their garden shed or something? What's the difference between that and showing off a trophy room?

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

Dude you need to get off my nuts. All I did was ask a question. All my racks are placed on plaques and wrapped. Then displayed in my garage. The mounts are in the house. Nailing horns to a shed is not the same thing. And I don't really give a sh!t if you think it is.

Get over the fact that I called you on some bull sh!t and quit following me around like a little dog.

I asked you a question in another thread and one more in here. You've answered neither.

Edited by Belo

Dude you need to get off my nuts. All I did was ask a question. All my racks are placed on plaques and wrapped. Then displayed in my garage. The mounts are in the house. Nailing horns to a shed is not the same thing. And I don't really give a sh!t if you think it is. Get over the fact that I called you on some bull sh!t and quit following me around like a little dog.I asked you a question in another thread and one more in here. You've answered neither.

Trust me, no one is on your nuts but yourself. And don't be so paranoid, no one is following you either, so just shut your trap already.

My issue with you is you are constantly walking the gray area of illegal boundaries and seeing what you can get away with. You mask yourself as some sort of bow hunting purist, but you give shame to most bow hunters and gun hunters alike. Who the hell advocates shooting from a motorized vehicle? Until you were corrected, you might still think a farm tractor is NOT a motorized vehicle and continue telling people its ok to shoot from one. That's what you're being called out on, and that's the type of person you are.

So I hope that answers your question, now get off your own nuts.

You didn't answer either question. Shawn how old are you and what's your education? I can't believe you're this dense. My farmer friends father shot off his tractor 20 years ago. He went out of business and now lives in Virginia. How this story makes me constantly walk the line constantly still boggles me.

Edited by Belo

You didn't answer either question. Shawn how old are you and what's your education? I can't believe you're this dense. My farmer friends father shot off his tractor 20 years ago. He went out of business and now lives in Virginia. How this story makes me constantly walk the line constantly still boggles me.

Did you, or did you not think it was OK to shoot from a farm tractor? Did you, or did you not post your views on this activity on this forum? Regardless if YOUR buddies did it or if you did(I've no way of knowing), your actions and views tells more than I need to know about your character. You judged me for my views, this is no different. My age and education has nothing to do with this topic, because even a youth hunter with less than a high school degree would know better than that. And please, keep your insults to yourself.

So that's 3 questions left unanswered.

Attention members of the forum. You may not have a relationship with anyone who has ever done anything illegal or talk about regardless if the statue of limitations has passed. For you yourself are then committing a crime as well.

Remember guys, this includes the safe act.