strange were they go...

growalot

Last nights doe was taken from 12 feet up and 20 yrds out in the pic you can see were it went in...but I thought it hit the opposite shoulder before she reared up and body slammed the rest of shaft...it happened as you know fast...I quartered her and found the broad head with 3ins. of carbon splinters attached...firmly imbedded from the under side of spine...she had cut the artery while breaking off the shaft...

I have found broad heads in strange places...on two different bucks quartering away shots on the rt side that didn't pass thru ...I found the broad head sticking out the lft ham and on another the middle of the rt ham...they had snapped the shafts as well....shooting a recurve when starting out I never ...got pass thru's and my poundage is 49 so some times I still don't...which has never bothered me because the arrow tends to quickly go on a shredding mission if not lodged in bone....

• Like 1

Congrats Grow. Get cutting!!!

Thank heavens it was in the 40's last night for I skinned  and packed her in ice in a game bag and hung her...she is all quartered and resting in a cool from early this morning...I will call Wilsons to see what I need to do for snack sticks..then take a rest...the ole knee is screaming at me...and eewwww...she was loaded with lice...I showered ...but this am I sat having coffee and kept feeling some thing on my neck...was driving me nuts ...until I finally pinch the tickling off me.... dang deer lice uuugghhh.....after another shower ....I still have the creepy crawlies!!!

Thanks ...and NO...Lord...I was on crutches every single year...in the ER for this or that...the hospital for this procedure or that...I was the youngest person to have an upper GI in the hospital and endoscopy for a bleeding ulcer...9yrs old...LOL I'm in better shape now ...save the accidents.. ;)