Sighting in.

thphm

Since my range is on the property I hunt, I had my zeroes on my shotgun, rifle, and muzzy all set in the first two weeks of October.  I try to have them done before bow season, since I know the neighbor is a big bow hunter, but with my grandfather dying, and my work schedule not cooperating, I had to push it back a bit. 

Since my range is on the property I hunt, I had my zeroes on my shotgun, rifle, and muzzy all set in the first two weeks of October.  I try to have them done before bow season, since I know the neighbor is a big bow hunter, but with my grandfather dying, and my work schedule not cooperating, I had to push it back a bit. 

That's considerate of you. our neighbor doesn't care and shot all sorts of guns for a few hours both days this weekend. Actually a little worried for my safety as our property wraps around theirs. They know we bowhunt. Barely shoot all summer...

Last week I took my M700 Mountain Rifle in 7mm08 and my Win M70 in .280 to a private range owned by a buddy of mine.

Shot a group with the 7mm08..Dead on at 100..I use this rifle mostly for hunting the woods..

The .280 is my "open field rifle" ..Mounted with a Leupold fixed 6X...I was a little lower and to the right at 100, so I adjusted a couple of clicks each way..I then printed a nice 3 shot group 2.5" directly over the bull..PERFECT..

I plan to get out again this week and check the zero on my TC Hawken .50 ( peep sight) and my M1 Garand with issue peep sight..I don't expect any change in zero for these two with open sights, but I always take a few shots to confirm it. Beats hell out of missing ( or wounding) a deer and THEN discovering your sights are off.

Checked the  the 7mm-08 and the shot gun (12ga) last Thursday. The 7-08 shot an awesome 3 shot  group at 100yds. The shot gun, rifled barrel with Lightfields , had to come up about 2" at 75 yards. Left right was dead nuts.... Im good...