Finally

Red

It took 4 weeks to get a deer with in bow range yesterday I was sitting in my stand in franklinville and at 753 am I could see a big bodied deer coming out of the thicket about 60 yrds away as soon as he took a few Steps I could see I was a big buck he had his head down walking straight for my stand he gets to 24 yards and facing me so I'm still standing very still out of no where he looks right at me and takes off he was a beautiful 8pt some where in the 120s. So after the morning Hunt I decide ill leave that stand alone until next Sunday so I drive to east aurora to hunt a spot that I haven't been to yet this year it's loaded with doe. I make it less then 10 yards into the woods and almost got to shoot a doe at 15 yards but she was facing me I got into my stand at 2pm by 540 I had seen 8 doe had a few small ones with in range at 547 I had a doe at 23 yards made a great shot I could see and hear her crash I packed my stuff and took care of my deer while seeing 5 more doe I had the deer gutted and on the car At 612 pm my best day this season so far

Edited by Red
  • Like 6

Nice! I've been driving my little work beater car (04 hyundai elantra) to my camp and I've been wondering where I'm gonna put a deer if I kill one lol. I guess over the trunk is a good option since the inside of the trunk is filled with gear most the time. I shot a 6 point years ago and we had my uncles jeep since he was borrowing my dad's truck to move some things one weekend. We ended up spreading the body cavity overtop the spare tire on back and kinda wrapping the deer around the tire lol. People were honking and giving us a thumbs up all the way home lol.

• Like 1