1 down

oblivitar

So my wife wanted to come sit across the street in this new property I've been hunting. She doesn't like heights so I put her under this big bush and put some branches around her and gave her some shooting lanes. So after I get her all setup I go over to my climber about 600 feet away and get all set up. Half an hour later I hear a deer running over by my wife.....I'm thinking GREAT she got one! Then I see the doe walking and stop. She takes another shot at her and hits some branches and misses. I'm in my stand crackin up when I hear some snorting going on to my right and here comes another doe snorting at my wife not even looking at me. I stopped her at 25 yards and let one fly. POP is all I heard...like I hit my target bag. Low gut shot....I couldn't belive hit her there. She ran 10 yards and layed down in the stream infront of me for an hour. When she got up and left so did we. Whent back out 3 hours later with my buddy and recovered her thank god. She went about 300 yards. Wish I had pics but it was 9pm sunday and had to butcher her up and head back home.

• Like 2