Sooo pissed at myself right now.....

ants

Im pretty sure I saw him this morning!!!!!!! He cruised by at about 30 yds. No limp no nothing… I didn't have a shot but it was a good feeling to see him still in the game.!! He's the only deer I saw today.. Still can't find my arrow..

• Like 1

I've been out 10-15 times this season, and probably logged 100+ hours in the woods from those days. Of those days, I've seen deer a handful of times, and of those, maybe 2 of those I could have taken a shot. Clear skies and no thick stuff around to cause any trouble tracking. And by no means am I an experienced hunter. I passed those shots. Not because I don't want to, but because I didn't feel it was a high enough probability in an easy recovery for me. It was ethics that told me not to shoot. It is also a lack of ethics that led up to this injured, unrecoverable deer in this thread.

PS, I don't watch any TV.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

LOL!!! Ethics??!……Really?!!!  From you??!  LOL!….. I made a bad bow shot. It happens. It's not like I shot a bunch of easy kill deer on nuisance permits and then bragged about wasting the animals. BTW I am 16 for 3 with a  bow.  I don't take crap shots but sometimes things happen. Im sure that you have never had a miss or a non recovered hit….LOL !!! Silly little dude strikes again!!!!

that's encouraging. Any cams out there where you might get some shots?

The neighbor has some cams out. There were some good bucks on them but I don't think any were this deer. He is hunting in Illinois this week, when he gets back i'll hit him up. 

LOL!!! Ethics??!……Really?!!! From you??! LOL!….. I made a bad bow shot. It happens. It's not like I shot a bunch of easy kill deer on nuisance permits and then bragged about wasting the animals. BTW I am 16 for 3 with a bow. I don't take crap shots but sometimes things happen. Im sure that you have never had a miss or a non recovered hit….LOL !!! Silly little dude strikes again!!!!

You not only made a bad shot, but you did so like an idiot in the pouring rain. You were too cocky, and didn't know your skill limits. You were even dumb enough to publicize that you'll hunt the following Saturday then go look for your injured deer.

IMO, you I didn't do everything you could to prevent an unrecoverable animal, not even close. You never even called Deer Search, but took your own dog out illegally instead.

Now you're trying to start crap with me by slander, pretty disgusting. Makes me sick to my stomach.

So what category would this deer fall under?  Maybe he means 16 hits and 3 clean misses.

Sorry…Im sure none of you guys knew what I meant. It is confusing and I blame myself. 16 kills ..1 miss..and 2 none recovered hits. 

• Like 1

You not only made a bad shot, but you did so like an idiot in the pouring rain. You were too cocky, and didn't know your skill limits. You were even dumb enough to publicize that you'll hunt the following Saturday then go look for your injured deer.

IMO, you I didn't do everything you could to prevent an unrecoverable animal, not even close. You never even called Deer Search, but took your own dog out illegally instead.

Now you're trying to start crap with me by slander, pretty disgusting. Makes me sick to my stomach.

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystem

I didn't brag about making a bad shot. most hunters on this sight have made bad shots, including you I would guess, I did everything I could to find him. Didn't think that deer search would work after hours of rain. We spent hours and hours looking for him and now it looks like he lived. Slander????  LOL! you are silly!!!!  

I didn't brag about making a bad shot. most hunters on this sight have made bad shots, including you I would guess, I did everything I could to find him. Didn't think that deer search would work after hours of rain. We spent hours and hours looking for him and now it looks like he lived. Slander????  LOL! you are silly!!!!  

Yea he is a bit of a drama queen I might add.  Sick to your stomach over a forum and typing on a keyboard?  Buck Up little one.

Edited by LuckyPickle123
  • Like 1

I didn't brag about making a bad shot. most hunters on this sight have made bad shots, including you I would guess, I did everything I could to find him. Didn't think that deer search would work after hours of rain. We spent hours and hours looking for him and now it looks like he lived. Slander???? LOL! you are silly!!!!

You would be wrong. I've never made a bad shot at deer. But you wouldn't know what that feels like, to hold off on questionable shots. Your track record shows. Keep riding the "other hunters make bad shots" line, maybe you can sleep better at night. And I call BS on seeing the same injured deer walking around.

You would be wrong. I've never made a bad shot at deer. But you wouldn't know what that feels like, to hold off on questionable shots. Your track record shows. Keep riding the "other hunters make bad shots" line, maybe you can sleep better at night. And I call BS on seeing the same injured deer walking around.

You have never made a bad shot and never will??  Got it Bwanna