What time will you be in your stand / blind / spot on opening morning?

burmjohn

Windows?  have pics of this stand?

The color scheme is not exactly what I would have liked (c'mon! No laughing)post-1579-0-11059500-1384354168_thumb.jppost-1579-0-46754700-1384354236_thumb.jppost-1579-0-92635000-1384354273_thumb.jppost-1579-0-39520800-1384354978_thumb.jp, but when your close to another guy's stand, I just like to be seen from afar, and we can pick out my stand with the white on it.  Didn't bother the deer at all last year, and they've been coming through the area anyway.  Just built it last year, and my son built his at the same time, but his is on the ground with dark camo.  The windows flip up and have spinners to secure when closed up.  All of our 25 guys have their own stands and each have their own little touches.  Stands haven't changed much in our area, except I wanted a four by four so I don't have to move around much.  Some guys are bigger and it just seems to be too much movement.  It was my first endevour into building one, and it's working out nice so far.

Wake up call for 0400, leave house (provided son has his poop in a group) 0430, arrive state land 0515 ish, hopefully setteled into an unoccupied spot 0530-0545. This is the only problem with opening week on stsate land. My vacation is the last week of gun season and I'll head into the woods at around 0700, and won't see a soul.

LOL. Steve863 is going to have heart palpitations after reading that.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

No palpitations with my heart so far.  You guys are the ones that will bring the coronaries upon yourselves with the lack of any exertion.  LOL  Might as well keep a defibrillator in that tree stand too, just in case.

• Like 3

No palpitations with my heart so far.  You guys are the ones that will bring the coronaries upon yourselves with the lack of any exertion.  LOL  Might as well keep a defibrillator in that tree stand too, just in case.

I just spit my coffee up, LOL.

I'll tell ya Steve ..I just back in from a 5hr sit in 18 degree temps and snowing...my toes are about to fall off...so anytime I know is a good time to hunt out of this blind...I'm taking it...lol

nothing wrong with a little comfort now and then... ;):P ...Especially when the winds are bad and it's raining or snowing hard.....

• Like 1

Lol...I do like building stuff..I have three more planned ....just need to get the knee fixed first...Card board and wood like the first one but as big as the shooting house...but the weather proofing will be roofing paint in stead of a tarp like the first one in pic...built in 2010 and still dry as a bone....

The color scheme is not exactly what I would have liked (c'mon! No laughing)attachicon.gif003.JPGattachicon.gif007.JPGattachicon.gif008.JPGattachicon.gif002.JPG, but when your close to another guy's stand, I just like to be seen from afar, and we can pick out my stand with the white on it.  Didn't bother the deer at all last year, and they've been coming through the area anyway.  Just built it last year, and my son built his at the same time, but his is on the ground with dark camo.  The windows flip up and have spinners to secure when closed up.  All of our 25 guys have their own stands and each have their own little touches.  Stands haven't changed much in our area, except I wanted a four by four so I don't have to move around much.  Some guys are bigger and it just seems to be too much movement.  It was my first endevour into building one, and it's working out nice so far.

Its a nice looking stand. The paint means nothing to the deer, check this out...

http://www.qdma.com/articles/will-deer-avoid-a-hot-pink-stand

I read years ago that Hot pink is a color that truly does not register with deer at all...where was that...hhhmmm one of the top magazines..OD...FS...DDH????

See all you guys should be out there in your Hot pink  Camo out fits...Ya know it could just end up recruiting a few ...other men.... in to hunting...lol..Ya never knowwww hahaha