New HuntingNY.com Forums Launch

So, anybody got any suggestions how we can get members? Have we covered all the other major forums and made an announcement. I only belong to one other forum and that is Realtree, and I know it is on there.

It's pretty tough to launch a hunting site at this time of year. Everybody is off doing summery things. However, I know there are a whole lot of people that have been real disappointed that the other site diappeared, and would probably jump at the chance to join here if they were just aware of it. The trick is figuring out how to let them know.

So we need to figure out a few ways of getting the news out. Any thoughts?

Doc

I can understand how other forums might get a bit protective about someone advertising another forum on their site. They probably would assume that we are trying to pull members or participation away from them.

Doc

I hope the folks at Realtree feel that way, because I'm going to be sending a bunch of PM's out to their NY members pretty soon. You never know what the reaction may be, but I guess I'll be finding out.

Doc

doc are the same one from the old site if so i'm glad to find this site and a familar face,the looks

great glad to be here.

Yeah it's me. I'm starting to get to be an old fixture around the internet hunting forums. I find it interesting to discuss hunting on these kinds of forums, and get different perspectives on hot topics. Some people don't care for the fact that I can't seem to answer the most simple question without writing a book. I'm working on that, but not making a whole lot of progress.....lol. Occasionally I may get a bit passionate on my views and rub people the wrong way, but I hope in the end, all those that I have had some of those heavy discussions with, wind up realizing that we really are all on the same side here.

I am look forward to discussions here because of the more local nature of a New York forum. It's always interesting to hear about someone out west taking their 500 yard shots across the prairie at some animal that I may never see, but my real interest is in local hunting in local areas under situations and conditions that I am more accustomed to and can relate to. Now all we have to do is get people here and we're ready to go. That will happen eventually.

Doc

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...