So sick of my family hunting practices

jesse.james

So as I said why have the laws.  I see that you do not have a need for them...I never said the man was right.  What I said was we have laws enforce them. The safe act is bull.  That is why I am working to repeal it.  Because I do not believe in this law, and I had no intention of enforcing it as a jp, I resigned from that position.  It is called principles.  Look it up, it could come in handy to you.  

I guess i should just be happy to have a family that is worth more to me than 2 nontagged deer which is what all this bickering is about ,losing your family or tagging 2 deer. I should be more worried about tagging one deer this year before the season ends instead of arguing about stuff that will never change.

which means you either have no more to argue with or realize how silly you sound.  I guess it would be ok to just steal 10 bucks no biggie.

Ive read enough internet arguments to realize when one person values their own opinion so much that they will in no way ever try to see things from a different angle . Now im a thief ? I didn't realize a heated discussion would bring out an ignorant side of you. Good luck the rest of the year and stay safe.

I wonder if all of these folks who say they wouldn't turn in their family would turn in their neighbors for doing the exact same thing.   Just curious if we're talking double standards, which I suspect is the case.   If I put together the same story as the OP but eliminated the family aspect of it, I'd be willing to bet there would have been a lynch mob formed in the first few posts.

I'd still turn 'em in.  As Paula said, they'd get over it and realize that they were wrong and deserved the fines, or they wouldn't.   We're not talking jail here folks.

Ive read enough internet arguments to realize when one person values their own opinion so much that they will in no way ever try to see things from a different angle . Now im a thief ? I didn't realize a heated discussion would bring out an ignorant side of you. Good luck the rest of the year and stay safe.

I never said you were a thief. I said I guess if a family member only steals 10 bucks that would be ok too since it is only 10 bucks

I never said you were a thief. I said I guess if a family member only steals 10 bucks that would be ok too since it is only 10 bucks

When did ten bucks get brought into the conversation. Anyhow we all know you get off on seeing people busted by Johnny law so go call the DEC on another family member and don't forget some lotion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The law is the law...I abide by it so should others...period...now Belo don't ask if I'd turn in a family member...because I have turned in a few over the years...had a warrant put out on my own son for not coming home...got a little too big for his britches...Called me up and said your my mother and having me arrested..yeppers...choices...learn to make the right ones!

and was it for shooting a small doe and not tagging it or something else?

I have to admit, reading the threads on this forum and opinions of certain members over the last year, i'm not surprised to see who is on which side of this argument.

then why have the laws if we all turn  blind eye to them?

why do you only get a ticket for speeding and jail for murder? come on don't be silly. There are varying levels of crimes.

OK. ..... according to that logic ..speeding is just a law...everyone does it...right?....until the speeder looses control and(all happened) plows into a house...killing a kid.....hits a little girl and knocks her out of her sneakers and they find her lifeless body 45 ​yrds away...kills your dog...broad sides your car...etc.ect..hey no biggy.......I mean he was only speeding....

you people crack me up. If that happens you're then charged with vehicular manslaughter. You can't send someone to jail for speeding, but we do realize if not controlled the consequences can be severe and exactly why we enforce speeding with pretty severe fines. A big enough speeding ticket might even result in loss of a licensee. I think some of you would lock someone up if their dog sh!t on your yard and they didn't clean it up. You might want to do some research on how overcrowded and how much of a tax burden our prison system is.

The comparison was you turning in somebody for every law that they break because its a law that is meant to be enforced . Its funny listening to people talk about the safe act being bullcrap and the government shouldn't regulate everything and then turn around and say that the man knows whats best and we need to play by their rules line per line.

I wonder if bubba will register is assault rifles, and never carry more than 7 rounds. If he does, we better call the cops on him.

I'm a "meat hunter" and can legally put tags on 8 deer.  Reg, my 4 DMP's (two reg issue and two leftover), 2 of my wife's DMP's, and my ML tag, not to mention the 2/day I can legally tag in the Tompkins County Focus Area.

what's your point? All I was saying is that you can legally shoot a lot of deer, or you could shoot 2 bucks in one season and be a poacher. Shooting a lot of deer does not mean you're a poacher. That was my point.

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

I wonder if all of these folks who say they wouldn't turn in their family would turn in their neighbors for doing the exact same thing.   Just curious if we're talking double standards, which I suspect is the case.   If I put together the same story as the OP but eliminated the family aspect of it, I'd be willing to bet there would have been a lynch mob formed in the first few posts.

I'd still turn 'em in.  As Paula said, they'd get over it and realize that they were wrong and deserved the fines, or they wouldn't.   We're not talking jail here folks.

family is family. That's blood. There is a difference and I don't see the double standard. However, a good lifelong friend can fall into the same category.

• Like 1

family is family. That's blood. There is a difference and I don't see the double standard. However, a good lifelong friend can fall into the same category.

ok, I see, your family can do whatever they want just because you're related. As I said earlier, as long as you sleep... I don't understand how, with that philosophy but whatever.  We're all different, thank heaven! ;)

Right but you have no problem airing your family problems twice now, and the rest of the respones here go along with the drama too. Bunch of people that need lives.

We all have problems in life, therefore I have very little room left to care about your family problems. Go get some help for your problems and move on with life.

Sounds like you need family cousiling or something, meaning take your family crap to your family. Freaking drama queens.

Can't......

Cousin Bobby joe is tappin' sister Betty Lou.

If one of them talks to Big Momma and Uncle Cooter finds out,, he's bound to take the boy out behind the wood shed and give him a red behind with his fiddle stick....or even worse!

There's no easy answer here. Just gotta fill your jug with some 190 proof and chug it down like a man. Family is allowed to be A-holes....you just gotta make sure yours is covered because they always got your back! 

ok, I see, your family can do whatever they want just because you're related. As I said earlier, as long as you sleep... I don't understand how, with that philosophy but whatever. We're all different, thank heaven! ;)

Where did I condone the activity? Let them know how you feel and sever hunting ties. The debate is whether you turn them in or not. Would you call the cops if you found your kid smoking pot or drinking underage, or handle it on your own? I just don't see how some of you don't see the difference...

Where did I condone the activity? Let them know how you feel and sever hunting ties. The debate is whether you turn them in or not. Would you call the cops if you found your kid smoking pot or drinking underage, or handle it on your own? I just don't see how some of you don't see the difference...

Excellent question!  The point being, it would be being HANDLED.  It seems like the majority of replies here, surprisingly are "eh - it's family so it's fine - shut up and leave them alone"   NOT

As I said earlier, my method would be to warn once - LE the second time.   If they won't listen to reason, maybe a health fine would sink in. 

Right but you have no problem airing your family problems twice now, and the rest of the respones here go along with the drama too. Bunch of people that need lives.

We all have problems in life, therefore I have very little room left to care about your family problems. Go get some help for your problems and move on with life.

Then by all means feel free to not read or respond to my thread. It's that simple really.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

When did ten bucks get brought into the conversation. Anyhow we all know you get off on seeing people busted by Johnny law so go call the DEC on another family member and don't forget some lotion

Ten bucks came into it when i interjected it. It is a comparison. Kind of like where do you drae the line. At what point do you say enough is enough. Do you let your family steal from you. Do you let them sleep with your wife .wherr does it end. Btw. I do not get off calling dec on anyone much less family. I get off on moral ethical hunters doing the right thing. But let me ask you something. If your brother or father was poaching dret off your property and selling them how many woyld be enough. My magic number was 14 in a week. I called dec to complain about poaching. They caught the guy who turned out to be my brother. He had 14 untagged deer in hos garage. All from my land. So mr high and mighty blood is thicker what would you do. I can see by following this post where peoples ethics morals and values are. Attack the guy who says he would do the right thing. By doing nothing ypu ste condoning the behavior simple as that.

Sent from my LGL35G using Tapatalk 2

I never said I condone poaching I just wouldn't call the DEC on my own family. If someone is doing something wrong in the family try and talk with them. I that doesn't work it's time to sever ties with that person. I'm just not going to be the d bag that get my father in trouble. It just isn't right when my father would do anything for me. Maybe you didn't have a problem calling on your brother because your not as close or don't get along.

I never said I condone poaching I just wouldn't call the DEC on my own family. If someone is doing something wrong in the family try and talk with them. I that doesn't work it's time to sever ties with that person. I'm just not going to be the d bag that get my father in trouble. It just isn't right when my father would do anything for me. Maybe you didn't have a problem calling on your brother because your not as close or don't get along.

Obviously your father wouldn't do anything for you if he:

A. Never taught you the difference between right and wrong

B. Doesn't lead by example

C. Failed to take heed of your warnings that his conduct was unethical and illegal and you would be forced to take action if it didn't stop.

Now obviously I don't mean "you" personally, I mean the OP in this case. For all this talk about people that wouldn't turn them in because they are family, shame on your "family" for putting you in this position to begin with. They have nobody to blame but themselves.

• Like 2

Sent from my LGL35G using Tapatalk 2

i think the line is different for everyone and we shouldn't judge others for it. Where jesse's line is, that is his call. I still am not sure why he would air his families dirty laundry on the internet, and maybe that sheds a little light into why he hasn't already taken action. But after 2 threads, i feel like he's looking for a consensus on what he should do and honestly, he's not going to get it. This one looks almost 50/50.