They never @%&*#^( learn...

growalot

why cant it be 20 minutes before daylight? that's easy math too. Do you need to shoot before? no. But what if there's a 10 point standing at 15 yard at 7:03? do you just shrug it off?

Based on all the gun shots before 7:05, we all know the answer to that....lol.

If it is light and safe, I am pulling the trigger!  No hesitation. Come and arrest me.

If it is 6:15 and it is light because of the moon and snow, then that is not DAYLIGHT and no, I wouldn't.

Buf if the sun is coming up and it is daylight enough to safely shoot.....well......BANG

• Like 1

I'm not a hard Ace about this when it comes to descent human beings...not dealing with that here...now if you want to know would I shoot as it is now...

This morning in the new stand set...I had a good size 8 walk 15 yrds past ole reliable...6;35am...he actually fed there...making him 70yrds in the wide open from me...could have shot ..didn't...6:46 after he had just moved off in comes a large bodied 10pt. ...rack near same size as 8pt ...much bigger body...same place but just slowly walked through...didn't shoot...at 7:12 there was crunching all around me and on the neighbors...When I just caught a nice sized 12pt limping to our line He lifted his head as I was trying to stand and turn for he was on my off side and almost on the line...he was 56 yrds out and I had to take a quicker shot than I like...... after looking hard behind him being so close to the line...I fired and he turned away and ran right down the line to where the other bucks came in then stopped and looked back...I had seen the shot go under him...that's when  I saw just how tall his rack is..as tall as the buck that made me nearly pass out a few several years ago in bow season..I pulled up and put the bead on him but the angle was pretty sharp...he was standing still and nothing behind him...but I was afraid of a hip or gut  not  a lung or shoulder hit the way he stood...I pulled the shot to far to the rt and he took off down on the neighbors...and stopped again...I watched him through the binoculars for 20 minutes...my arm is sore from holding the binoculars....he made a rub where he stood...sniffed around a doe fawn and pushed a button buck...I then grunted and he turned and walked into the swamp...20 mins later I hear tick tick ticking...down in the swamp...

I actually had better shot conditions due to how those first 2 bucks moved through...for one thing I heard them coming and saw them well away from the line on first glance...that 12 some how ghost walked in...unless he was bedded just in the wood line....

I do not regret obeying the law...do I think 15min earlier at most in the the morning would be OK...but15 minutes at night no......there are just too many ppl that won't draw the line...give them the extra15...then they will shoot 30 mins before the 15 you just gave them... Only thing I regret is Ma nature is still giving me the finger for not shooting the young 8pt she gift wrapped for me in bow...I got down at 10 and just as a precaution went and dbl checked the area to make absolutely sure he was not hit...some thing I always do on any miss...no matter what it looks like..when I did I saw that the trail leading from ole reliable to the buck stand...is now impassable ..the top of  a maple broke off and landed right on the trail...need a chain saw to remove.....

.there are just too many ppl that won't draw the line...give them the extra15...then they will shoot 30 mins before the 15 you just gave them...

this is a fair point. I just use my best judgment. given weather, shot distance/angle etc., knowing what lies beyond my target. All go into consideration. For what it's worth, I think the earliest i've killed a deer is 7:30 so i've never actually done it. I would also obey these laws pretty strictly on state land. Not because I'm worried about getting blown in, but because of not knowing who else is around. I only hunt private and we have little to no tresspassing problems.

If you really think the safe act is about safety you are more clueless than i thought. I will be back later. I have a gun rally to go to. Either you obey the law or you don't.

Sent from my LGL35G using Tapatalk 2

if you didn't get the reference to laws that don't make sense, then you're more clueles than I thought. Please remember to register your assault rifles and turn in your 30 round mags bubba. Laws the law, homie.

What i do with my guns is none of your business. And btw i do not own anything that is illegal or needs to be registered. But since i do not agree with the law i am doing something about it. If you feel the same about hunting laws do something about it if you have a clue how to which i doubt since it is easier to just break it and justify it.

What i do with my guns is none of your business. And btw i do not own anything that is illegal or needs to be registered. But since i do not agree with the law i am doing something about it. If you feel the same about hunting laws do something about it if you have a clue how to which i doubt since it is easier to just break it and justify it.

You're such a hypocrite. What you do with your guns is your business? Well when I shoot at deer is mine then.

As far as hunting laws, I'm pretty active with the NYB in my attempts to keep crossbow out of archery. And we were successful.

moving on.

How am i a hypoctite. I am not breaking any laws. Ido not own anything that needs to be registered nor do i own any illegal magazines. Your logic only makes sense to you. How did nyb make changes in legal hunting hours. You atr done. Next

How am i a hypoctite. I am not breaking any laws. Ido not own anything that needs to be registered nor do i own any illegal magazines. Your logic only makes sense to you. How did nyb make changes in legal hunting hours. You atr done. Next

and you will only chamber 7 rounds as well, right? You referenced hunting laws in general. You were not specific.

The whole conversation was about legal hunting hours. I thought you had the ability to put that together. I was wrong. My carry gun is a smith mp 40. It is a compact that only holds 7 from the factory so i have no choice. The rest of my handguns are revolvers. Any other weak examples you would like to use to justify your illegal activities

• Like 1

Got a call tonight..."you out hunting?!"...No sittting in PC room in PJ's watching Dexter...Did you just hear that shot...4:55...yep I have the window open...it was behind us....Damn  it I'm call ing Sheriffs.....Lol glad it wasn't me this time...that didn't take long

they probably know you by name by now I bet.

if you didn't get the reference to laws that don't make sense, then you're more clueles than I thought. Please remember to register your assault rifles and turn in your 30 round mags bubba. Laws the law, homie.

If you think the laws are silly and don't agree with them , work to get them changed rather than think they are stupid and should be broken ...........

• Like 1

i never said they should be broken. I just said that I will use my own judgement on when it's safe to shoot a deer. And as an EHS leader for a very large company, I think I'm qualified to do so. I swear this site is so police and law happy sometimes it's amazing. So if I shot a deer at 6:50 with snow on the ground in a field when legal light was 7:05. Cry me a river, call the DEC. You should be able to prove it was me in court...

Actually they do know me by name.....and just about every one else in this area.....that tends to happen when so many ppl have to call them about one group of guys every year...illegal hunting... trespassing ....shooting and killing ppls dogs.....Like I said I didn't' have to call this time...it was another neighbor that called...they called the Sheriffs not DEC...not that any of it works.......

Sure sounds to me like you are condoning breaking the law. How does your job qualify you to determine the law is breakable. So by your remarks is it safe to say you can not harvest a deer during legal hunting hours? I would hate to admit in a public forum i was such a bad hunter that i had to break the law to get a deer. Is this a correct assumption?

• Like 2

Sure sounds to me like you are condoning breaking the law. How does your job qualify you to determine the law is breakable. So by your remarks is it safe to say you can not harvest a deer during legal hunting hours? I would hate to admit in a public forum i was such a bad hunter that i had to break the law to get a deer. Is this a correct assumption?

dawson-crying.jpg

i never said they should be broken. I just said that I will use my own judgement on when it's safe to shoot a deer. And as an EHS leader for a very large company, I think I'm qualified to do so. I swear this site is so police and law happy sometimes it's amazing. So if I shot a deer at 6:50 with snow on the ground in a field when legal light was 7:05. Cry me a river, call the DEC. You should be able to prove it was me in court...

I see you're back at the illegal stuff, again. Next you're going to say that it wasn't you that shot off a motorized vehicle, but your dads friends brother, right? Throwing your company title into a forum discussion again? Do we need to get phade in here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's relevant. If I hold a certificate for certified safety professional (http://www.bcsp.org/csp) I'd like to think I know what I'm doing. It's no different then a doctor giving medical advice, or a lawyer giving legal advise.

I haven't seen any deer from you since you ran out of nuisance permits shawn. How's your season? Probably to worried about what my friends dad did 20 years ago... Call the DEC on me, like I said I've never shot outside of legal light. But it wouldn't stop me if I felt it was safe.

have a nice day.

Edited by Belo

It's relevant. If I hold a certificate for certified safety professional (http://www.bcsp.org/csp) I'd like to think I know what I'm doing. It's no different then a doctor giving medical advice, or a lawyer giving legal advise.

I haven't seen any deer from you since you ran out of nuisance permits shawn. How's your season? Probably to worried about what my friends dad did 20 years ago... Call the DEC on me, like I said I've never shot outside of legal light. But it wouldn't stop me if I felt it was safe.

have a nice day.

I've still got plenty of permits left, don't fret. Unlike you, I don't find the need to brag about how many I take on them. The forum would probably ban me from taking up all their web space if I did. I've probably shot more deer this year than you have in a lifetime.

I've still got plenty of permits left, don't fret. Unlike you, I don't find the need to brag about how many I take on them. The forum would probably ban me from taking up all their web space if I did. I've probably shot more deer this year than you have in a lifetime.

oh weally? let me congratulate you on your doe kills tough guy. I've probably passed on more bucks then you'll ever even see in a lifetime. I hunt for quality, not quantity. And I do most of it with a stick and string. I've never bragged about quantity. I haven't shot a doe in over 6 years, and if I did I'd certainly eat all of her, not just the ribs and neck.

moving on.

So i notice you did not respond cheater

CHEATER.jpg

Edited by Belo