They never @%&*#^( learn...

growalot

I decided nt to go out but went through the routine of porch light ...kitchen light then every thing off at 5 :30 as if I did leave...The lease guys must have figured I'd gone across the street...6:45 and I hear a shot that sounds like it's right behind the house...get to the PC room and glass the property....there is a deer standing just down from the dog kennel watching the lease woods...it then bolts and runs down to the chicken coupe and turns to cross our place going down hill....I turn to get my stuff together to go out and when I turn back...in the field along the lease woods is a guy in a orange and duck hunting vest headed towards the coop...before I can open the screen and yell he drops to one knee and bracing his arm on the other shoulders the shot gun pointed in the direction of our woods and the chicken coupe...mind you their field ends at our woods...I let out a WHF..IT"S NOT EVEN LEGAL HOURS AND IT"S NOT 400FT to MY COUPE!!!!!...well he stands and circles back up around the woods corner and I see him coming right back down again....I yell I'm calling DEC and now you've done it....I throw on the orange coveralls slip on boots and hat grab the video camera...in the mean time 2 more shots...6 :52...I get down to a tall stand and climb up ...he's taken off...so I video my experience(voice) while scanning the woods and repeating the time..for the cam is an hour off from day light savings...waiting for them to come back to track or recover...then right at 7:04 they take one single shot up by the camp...really what so they could say the shot was legal?... a few minutes later it begins to pour....I went to the cardboard blind ...opened her up ...set out my orange I'm here flags and left with some windows open and orange draped over chair inside...on the way back I hear a truck leaving their place..then WTH bam..bang..bam..bag..boom...is coming from the direction of my lower lane way..

I really thought I had gotten these AH's under control...but all my buddie decoys need to come back out again...What is so freaking hard about hunting Legally!!!????

Edited by growalot

Oh and I walk that path to go feed the chickens...at one spot ..it dips down and they cant' see anyone on the trail and I can't see up the the corner of their woods...To be honest I didn't call DEC for I couldn't find the cell i my rush out the door boots barely tied and no socks...but also sick of the can you prove it...the 2 1/2hr response times and the just not giving a damn...they'll wait until one night at 5:05 when I'm shot leaving the woods or feeding the chickens to "check them out"...5:05 was their last shot yesterday....

PS Oh please someone ask me why I don't want to see rifles in this area..go ahead ask...I'm lucky that deer standing near the dogs kennel...right behind the house...wasn't a big racked buck!

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

put a call into DEC their last shot took place at 5:05.......sorry it's dark at 5:05...didn't they connect me with an officer on a stake out...told me can't prove any thing but he'd go talk to them...poor guy whispering so as to not get caught...calling me back later ...I'm so tired of the crap...afraid to move around on my own land...Just hunt legal...what the hell we aren't talking 5 or 10 mins its been 25 and 30 mins before and after!!

• Like 1

Have you talked to the land owner?  (F... the guys paying for the lease)

If so, what does he/she say? 

The after hours stuff and sooo close to the buildings is PROBABLY only the tip of the iceberg with those numbnuts...................................................

Ya...they are tight as thieves...he gets auction cars from him....Talked to the officer right now...he said he was going to go talk to them...but everyone knows they'er not suppose to hunt out of hours...not that I'm condoning it...ya thinking this isn't going to do much good...but at least he's appeasing me by going up...I mentioned several times the unique hunting vest he had on...not too many guys do I personally see with a brown canvas and orange vest for deer hunting...he asked how far from your house is the coop 200yrds well that's not with in 500ft of your house..no...it's my livestock..I feed them and get eggs from them and it's an animal shelter..just like when we bred the goats and sold their kids and drank their milk...he said I'll tell them to stay clear of the chicken coop...really I have to quote the law?

I'll be starting the fencing for the sheep next year...done playing with them...I'll just put in a new sheep barn....

Edited by growalot

Ya...they are tight as thieves...he gets auction cars from him....Talked to the officer right now...he said he was going to go talk to them...but everyone knows they'er not suppose to hunt out of hours...not that I'm condoning it...ya thinking this isn't going to do much good...but at least he's appeasing me by going up...I mentioned several times the unique hunting vest he had on...not too many guys do I personally see with a brown canvas and orange vest for deer hunting...he asked how far from your house is the coop 200yrds well that's not with in 500ft of your house..no...it's my livestock..I feed them and get eggs from them and it's an animal shelter..just like when we bred the goats and sold their kids and drank their milk...he said I'll tell them to stay clear of the chicken coop...really I have to quote the law?

I'll be starting the fencing for the sheep next year...done playing with them...I'll just put in a new sheep barn....

I might be wrong, but I don't think live stock or housing for live stock falls under the 500' rule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the clarification.

Farm building, farm structure that is either occupied or used -- these structures are largely determined on a case-by-case basis. To qualify, the premises alleged to be a farm must be utilized principally for agricultural production for commercial purposes, including but not limited to crops, fruit, hay, livestock, production of dairy products, nurseries/greenhouses. There is no minimum number of acres that must be either owned or farmed to qualify. To receive protection the farm building or farm structure must be either occupied by people or livestock or used in some, even small, degree for storage of farm related tools, equipment or livestock. Excluded would be structures and out-buildings on acreage or lands that are not a "farm" even if they are temporarily occupied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to piss off the good ones out there, but goose hunters @$@# kill me!!!  I hate them behind my house.  A few years ago my brother and  I walk out behind me and are walking the edge of a field / woods.  We are obviously watching the woods for deer and not so much the field.  Next thing we know a couple goose hunters pop up in the middle of the field (maybe 200 yards from my brothers house and MAYBE 100 yards from us) and start shooting over our fricken heads and at the houses.  Next thing its starts raining down pellets on the houses.  We basically run for cover and called the State Police (who's station is 2 minutes from there).  They show up with the DEC.  There are holes in the siding of my brothers house!!  They confiscate the shotguns, tow their truck and cuff them!  Sweet justice.  IDIOTS!!!!!!

• Like 2

Good luck ..I hope these D-bags get caught. Opening morning we thought one of our neighbors shot. Come to find out it was someone who, according to the neighbor, was right on top of him,but he never saw anyone. We found a gut pile, along with plastic gutting gloves, paper towels and a small piece of rope less than 150yards from the neighbors stand, on the other side of a stand of hemlocks. 

This A-hole was well onto our property and had to go past posted signs.  Unfortunately these little inbreds know that the chance of getting caught and the penalty they face, if they are caught, are small enough that they just don't care. I would hate to find a trespassers vehicle parked on our property…. Tires and auto glass are expensive…LOL>!!

shooting that close to your coup isn't cool. However I wouldn't exactly get all bent out of shape at shooting at 6:45. Plenty of light then.

Yeah , no sense in having laws . Why can't we shoot when ever we want too . And why can't we use spot lights if we want to. Bull Crap !!! 

If it's not legal to shoot until 7:05 or what ever , then it should be obeyed . 

Yeah , no sense in having laws . Why can't we shoot when ever we want too . And why can't we use spot lights if we want to. Bull Crap !!! 

No offense on this one, but a specific time is a bit ridiculous.  I am by NO means saying that people should be unsafely shooting.  I hear people every opening morning shooting when i can't even see the ground from my tree stand.  It is RIDICULOUS.

However...with that said, I bow hunted Thursday and Friday prior to opening day of shotgun.  On both of those days, I could see clearly at 6:20 am 150 yards from my stand (the furthest point i can see).  At 6:40 it was LIGHT light out.  I could see the sun coming up and could make out the definition of bark on a tree at  150 yards.  By 7:05 or whatever the magic time is, it had been light for over 30 minutes (thus why A LOT of states are 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset). 

Considering I am shooting no more than 50 yards, saying you can't shoot until 7:05 is pretty dumb.

And, with THAT said, I am very safe hunter.  In the exact same breath I will say that at 7:05, if it was too dark to see still, I wouldn't shoot. 

Laws aren't worth a whole lot if they are impossible to enforce. That is why there has to be defined hunting times. So the DEC set the hours as being sunrise to sunset. That's a pretty handy standard that everyone has access to, that also keeps up with the changes throughout the season as the daylight changes. I don't have any problem with it. Can I actually see good enough to shoot outside of those times? .... Sure, but so what? Do I need to shoot outside those times? .... Not really.

• Like 1

Frustrating. I did not hunt the lease opening day, but my buddy did. He heard 5 shots that sounded close and went to investigate. Headed up the field to our north property line when a guy jumps out of the woods yelling, "I got it, I got it".

Young guy had put a stand close to the line and shot a button buck that he saw on our side of the line. All our lines are clearly posted with phone numbers. He got out of the stand and crossed the line to get the deer. Openly admitted to doing all of this.

It was his first time out hunting and he was super excited about his success. My buddy spoke to him about firing into our property and trespassing, the kid replied that he really didn't do anything wrong.

It went from warning him to calling the DEC...he had not intention of calling, but the attitude the kid had changed his mind. He waited a day to call because he knew they would be busy Saturday.

To sum it up, officer said that the State owns the deer.

If he shot from your side of the property then it would be different.

You do not have enough property to do QDM.

What? You're saying you can shoot across property lines at state owned deer?

Hunters are tired of calling to report poaching to the NYSDEC and other violations....Only to be dismissed by some officer that can't be bothered. It's getting ugly.

This eco just transferred and Saturday was his first day in this county. We'll see how it goes.

this law is retarded eddie and you know it. Most other states realize this and give a 10 minutes or so before sunrise as legal shooting time. on a clear night/day i can easily identify a buck at 20 yards around 6:45. I know it's a safety thing, but so is the SAFE act. Hammer me all you want on this, but legal shooting light is just silly. Now shooting at 6:15? that's different.

• Like 1

this law is retarded eddie and you know it. Most other states realize this and give a 10 minutes or so before sunrise as legal shooting time. on a clear night/day i can easily identify a buck at 20 yards around 6:45. I know it's a safety thing, but so is the SAFE act. Hammer me all you want on this, but legal shooting light is just silly. Now shooting at 6:15? that's different.

exactly.  In fact, a lot of states are 30 minutes before published sunrise and 30 minutes after published sunset times.

it makes a whole lot more sense.  If it is too dark to shoot you don't, but if it is too light to not to, what is the safety concern?

Can I actually see good enough to shoot outside of those times? .... Sure, but so what? Do I need to shoot outside those times? .... Not really.

why cant it be 20 minutes before daylight? that's easy math too. Do you need to shoot before? no. But what if there's a 10 point standing at 15 yard at 7:03? do you just shrug it off?