I can't wait for the PA Opener.

DanceswithSkunks

I live in pa. and hunted for 33 years here and finally got tired of the b.s. Last season was the last straw I had set up in a perfect spot on a friends property and seen a nice ten pointer as I am raising my gun to take the shot I hear someone yell , deer goes right back into thicket and this takes place about 10 minutes after shooting time and the yelling was to ask me if I seen anything. the guy was from the property behind my friends ( this was opening day of rifle )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually hunt pa opener in the Delaware State Forest, its pretty busy that day, but its rare to see another hunter by our cabin besides those in our party.

I have had intimidation games played on me by people surrounding the Craig rd parcel of spafford forest here in 7j...4 wheelers doing loops, running chainsaws cutting nothing, my tire slashed in the parking lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Meat Manager

Who the heck needs that nonsense. This guy knows that the horn-blowing and gun shooting, and dumb hunter interference is going to happen. He said that he is between two developments. He never said the place was crawling with deer. So why would he put himself in that position. I have hunted PA. We got permission to hunt a huge farm, and as we walked away we could hear the farmer muttering, "I hope they get them all". There was no possibility of harassment there, and I know the state is covered with a lot of farms where the farmers are more than happy to have you hunt there. Why anybody would try to hunt in between two housing developments is beyond me. Yes, I understand that he has a perfectly legal right to hunt there, but why would you do that?

I also hunt PA and a couple years back I took my young nephew into a spot on opening day

where I had seen a couple of decent bucks during archery season. It wasn't 15 minutes

after light when I seen some guys walking through. I thought to myself, "What in the

world are they doing????" Well, I mentioned to a friend that lives near there and he

said if he knew I was planning on hunting there that he would have told me not to

because some of those dudes were his relatives and they always push that entire

hillside on the first day right after first light. Now what's up with that????

Gun season is the reason I love archery hunting so much. It's a whole lot quieter and

with a whole lot less commotion.