Hunter's Code of Ethics

Rob Answer

Just as suspected, you have no clue. You measure the furthest spread and deduct the caliber.only one will be more accurate. 99% of shotguns out there will not put 5 shots into one hole at 100 yards. Does yours?

Now, do you need that kind of

accuracy for most hunting in Ny? No, but the fact remains that MOST shotguns aren't as accurate as MOST rifles whether its needed or not. Plenty of places in Ny where shots beyond 100 yards are possible. It's simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by pistolp71

Sorry, when discussing hunting I define accuracy as: did I hit where I aimed and did the animal drop?  If the answer to both of those is yes then it's accurate. We're not talking shooting matches here we're talking downing an animal. But, I'll still hole it at the range. You wanna bring out micrometers and do trig problems - than I'll restate: you're reading WAY too much into this.

Edited by SteveC
  • Like 1

Just as suspected, you have no clue. You measure the furthest spread and deduct the caliber.only one will be more accurate. 99% of shotguns out there will not put 5 shots into one hole at 100 yards. Does yours?

accuracy for most hunting in Ny? No, but the fact remains that MOST shotguns aren't as accurate as MOST rifles whether its needed or not. Plenty of places in Ny where shots beyond 100 yards are possible. It's simple

Look, you have a point about most this and most that. You do sound a little silly though, as you are not answering the questions he is asking. You are talking around them.

yeah well my dads gun can outshoot your dads gun anyday of the week...................geeeeez get over yourself and your bench guns being more accurate them brand x shotgun, no deer has ever been killed, then sat up and said to itself "man that gun was accurate!"

Edited by waterweasle

This has nothing to do with my guns. Take 5 random shotgun hunters guns, most will be pumps or semis. And 5 random rifles hunters guns, most will be bolt actions. Go shoot them together and compare. Whether its needed or not one weapon is inherently more accurate than another. Just as certain calibers are.

This has nothing to do with my guns. Take 5 random shotgun hunters guns, most will be pumps or semis. And 5 random rifles hunters guns, most will be bolt actions. Go shoot them together and compare. Whether its needed or not one weapon is inherently more accurate than another. Just as certain calibers are.

Not the question or issue he posed. Keep dancing....

And you are comparing apples to oranges. Compare bolt shotguns to bolt rifles or semi auto to semi auto.

Mine actually won't. I opted for the semi auto and best it will due is 1.5 MOA. But I have only carried it about 3 times in the last 5 years. I have seen 3 guns in my close circle that will do it. And we are talking factory ammo. Not hand loads as many sub MOA rifles are using. The component support just isn't there yet for shotguns. It is coming.

Just curios. What part did I get wrong that you decides I didn't have a clue? Enlighten me