Hunter's Code of Ethics

Rob Answer

Actually fellas the gun is only as accurate as the guy that is shooting it... regardless of what it can do at the range... throw in all the other elements in a hunting scenario and mister hole puncher becomes mister how did I miss that deer with this "accurate" weapon. I might not shoot a rifle as well as a shotgun and vice versa. I know all my guns are right on off the bench in a controlled environment... out in the field the more accurate gun is the one that killed the deer.

• Like 1

Send them to me. I have NO doubt that I will put deer down with these rifles that you think should be melted into scrap. I have seen plenty of shooters at the range who get all excited over their 1/2 inch groups from the bench, yet can't shoot worth a $#!+ when a deer is staring them in the face!

Range or woods. No care. Stick em' with an arrow. That's an accomplishment... ;)

Man, I've gotta tell the wife that I can't deliver her jewelry anymore. Take a couple of hours away and all h*77 breaks loose.

I think things have gotten a bit fuzzy regarding what started this whole diatribe.

The hypothetical was put forth asking if multishot volleys were potentially caused by the inaccuracies of slug guns and how in the northern zone that possibly didn't happen as much as it did in the southern zone because the NZ folks use rifles. - That's a paraphrase but I think it relates the idear...

So I took a bit of exception to that and said that at 100 yards or less my shotgun was as accurate as any rifle. I stand by that statement. No one said that a rifle wasn't better at distance. If I were going back to Maine where 200 yard shots are common place, I'd grab one of my rifles - no doubt about it.

Edit: I probably should have stated what was implied, and that is that what was being discussed is a hunting situation.

I think you're reading WAY too much into things pistolo71.

I skimmed this afternoons happenings... did anyone figure out what the h*77 the sandwich was?

Volleys drive me nuts. And it's probably iron sights at running deer. At least I hope. I've rarely taken more than one shot with my semi. I do wonder if volleys are rare with rifles as most are bolt action?

I hunt in the northern zone and I hear a lot of follow up shots with rifles. I guess these guys must be hunting with those less accurate rifles. HA. What if a guy is good enough to shoot an arrow at 100 yards through a shotgun hole? Wait he shoots his arrow through the bologna sandwich then hits the shotgun hole, then the rifle hole. He wins. 

• Like 2