Hunter's Code of Ethics

Rob Answer

2 weeks ago in my stand an hour and a half before sunrise. I see a light coming in through the woods getting closer and closer to me. After an hour of flashing my light at the light coming closer to me, I can see 2 guys. 40 yards away from me, looking at the ground. It was a Wednesday afternoon. I took off of work and there they are. They just ruined my hunt for the day. I said to them, "What are you doing". They said, "Tracking a deer I shot last night". My hunt was over and I just wasted $300. Please, guys. If you see a truck at a hunting location. Wait until at least 10:00 AM. The guy hunting took off from work. You should take off too and wait.

Hmmmm... An hour and a half before sunrise....Then it was Wednesday afternoon...

Am I the only one who is confused  by this post ?

AND  wouldn't somebody trying to recovered a wounded deer be AT LEAST as important as your morning hunt..?

How could having your one morning hunt interrupted  cost you $300?

I am SO confused...

I think it's time for my NAP...

• Like 5

2 weeks ago in my stand an hour and a half before sunrise. I see a light coming in through the woods getting closer and closer to me. After an hour of flashing my light at the light coming closer to me, I can see 2 guys. 40 yards away from me, looking at the ground. It was a Wednesday afternoon. I took off of work and there they are. They just ruined my hunt for the day. I said to them, "What are you doing". They said, "Tracking a deer I shot last night". My hunt was over and I just wasted $300. Please, guys. If you see a truck at a hunting location. Wait until at least 10:00 AM. The guy hunting took off from work. You should take off too and wait.

Is this a riddle/trick question? Did they find the deer?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Mising work cost me money too, no work = no pay.

As far as the other hunters ruining your hunt, they have a responsibility to recover thier deer, maybe they wanted to do it before work so they would not lose money. Tough call, sometimes stuff happens, oh well, dem da breaks.

What kind of sandwich did you have?  That would solve the riddle.  And just so you know, the world does not revolve around you even though mommy and daddy said it did.  Unless you were on private posted land and they had no right to be there, get over yourself.  And BTW your post makes no sense.  I guess that sums it up. How is an hour and  a half before sunrise Wednesday afternoon?  

• Like 1

How is an hour and a half before sunrise Wednesday afternoon?

He was in his stand 1.5hrs before dark and saw flashlights. It took the other hunters till the afternoon to finally reach him. Probably tracking a piebald.

• Like 2

jjb4900 yes u have a great point. tracking a wounded deer and finding it is #1 priority. but if u hunt long island, there are assigned parking spots on state and county land. the hunters knew i was in the woods because my truck was parked in a DEC parking area. if its not raining, just give the guy hunting a little time in the woods without someone blowing the deer out into the next town. and yes, the deer was found and there was a big loud celebration.

Edited by Rob Answer

and yes, the deer was found and there was a big loud celebration.

Awesome! Congrats to the hunters! Any pics? Buck or doe? What did it score! Great to hear a story about a successful recovery!

• Like 1

Where is that in the guide?  I missed the page where it says Rob Answer is privileged. So whet they knew you were there.  Public land is public land.   Public means any one can use it.  Assigned parking spaces.  umm ok.  Still wondering what kind of sandwich you had or did you have lunch catered?

Yep, them recovering a downed animal comes first in my ethics book.  That animal paid the ultimate price and deserves to be treated as respectfully as possible (given the circumstances of it's demise).  Letting it go to waste by not being found or spoilage is just so wrong.

yeah I'm the only one, and yeah out of my 349posts, now 350 I'm bashing people all over the place...maybe if you wrote something that made one bit of sense, no one would have said anything about your post, but then again, its only YOUR ethics that seem to matter, congrats you're the most ethical hunter I know