Random...

TreeGuy

A gobble is sort of like a rooster crowing-- they do it for different reasons. The one we are most familiar with of course is to draw attention of the hens to his location during spring courtship, but they can do it when they are trying to intimidate (a treat, a predator, another turkey), as a location call, and sometimes I think just to hear themselves yodel!

Ever heard a young jake practicing his gobble in the fall? It sounds terrible. Gotta start somewhere!

• Like 1

Good God, growalot...."Turkey gobble........"  Damn, it is either "Turkeys gobble", or a "turkey gobbles"  Why do you insist on appearing as a dunce?

For the record:  Yes, turkeys do gobble all year long.  Why?  Who knows for sure.  You will have to ask a turkey.  When you find one that can talk....you can be sure you have a liar!

Early,  No, it's so., I'm not kidding, I did read that.. I was working on my  hunting chronicles a while back and wanted it to read properly so I looked up a lot of grammatical "stuff".  most of which no one , but me, would care about. It was during that research, as insignificant as it was, that I came across that info. ...Pretty weird, huh ?

Guess they'd say here that I'm  a "crazy old coot".

How far do you think an Elementary School student would get using language like that?  My guess...not far!  Bit of different between what "can" be used and what "should" be used.  (I hope you didn't find that "seen" is acceptable as the past tense of see.)

Seriously? The stuff all over this site today is beyond funny today… Early, did you finish Elementary School? 

merriam-webster:  

plural also turkey :  a large North American gallinaceous bird (Meleagris gallopavo) that is domesticated in most parts of the world.

Crazy old coot? Maybe.    Uneducated in the English language? Probably.   Not smart enough to even bother to look it up before telling someone else they are wrong and making an A$$ out of himself?  Undoubtedly.

It is correct either way, ANY elementary school student will know that.

I am sorry, Early. No offense intended. No more than you intended in your initial comments to Growalot anyway….   

But I am looking for something to do today so here goes…. 

In response I must say I read quite well and am reasonably well educated, I was however, shockingly unaware, that you are an authority on the English language, and clearly bestowed with the honor and duty to educate people on how they "should" or should not choose to use the Queen's English. I will concede to your wisdom.  FYI…yes, it is the Queen's English, perhaps YOU are shockingly unaware that there is currently no King of England, hence, the term Queen's English is proper…. English.    Hmmmmm.

My apologies if I hurt your feelings with name calling.  I didn't realize you were the sensitive type as I am new here. Though in my defense, outlining one's behavior isn't actually name calling. It is regretably one of my many weaknesses... I simply find it intensely amusing and quite irresistable when belligerent individuals rant about a particular topic when they themselves are the party in error. (That means wrong…Early)

Just messing with you, I'm bored in the office today and the tie is a little tight… Honestly, no offense meant.