Any tips on what to plant next year that deer will eat late fall/winter?

My Extreme food plots were great all summer but the deer have abandoned them.  Any tips on what to plant next year that will bring them in after the Extreme plots stop drawing a crowd?  I want to put 2 or 3 small plots on 200 acres of land.

Have thought about Tall Tine Tubers.  Anyone have any experience with them?

Brassicas are nice, but as I found out this yr, unless you have acres and acres  of the stuff, they will mow it down in a few days after a good frost. I would suggest if you plant brassicas to  throw down lots of winter rye around the beginning of sept also to keep deer coming in after the brassicas are gone. Some people like wheat or oats also, but i threw a few hand fulls I got from my friend down in certain spots around the plot and as soon as it frosted they both died. The winter rye is nice and green and drawing in the deer still. Had a brain fart the other day and walked up  to the food plot in the middle of the day just to see how it was doing and kicked out a big 8 out that was bedded on the edge of the plot. I kicked my self all the way off the mountain. Plus the winter rye will winter over under the snow, so your good for all deer season and in the spring it will give them some food till things start to get green.

• 2 months later...

winter rye or winter wheat seem to work the best for me, and a good field of standing clover is always pawed thru all winter long, if you have a big enough area corn or sorgum work wonders to small a plot and a failed nut crop means nothing for fall hunting/winter feed.

I have a clover plot and next to that I had planted purple top turnips, the deer will eat the turnips tops early but you will have the turnips that will last into late fall and into winter. I'm currently looking into Daikon Raddish for this years fall/winter plot as I have heard they are great for deer, for one they have over 20% protien in the tops and raddish which is very high for any forage plant, the tops regrow after browsed, and the raddish can get as large as 2' long. You may want to plant the Daikons for your fall plots.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to see how the camera did in what ended up being -13 the other day...well at some point it stopped showing the temp...but still took pics....I have the cam turned toward the Sucraseed plot ...I have 1 1/2 bags left of this...and you can be assured it will be going in this spring ;) ...In the one pic...we either have babies on board or they are dang fat for this time of year and these temps and snow.....