long island late season

mbucks27

Been hunting the island all week saw 3 nice bucks so far and a lot of does. Almost had a nice high palmated 8 this morning but he came in with 4 does and one of the does spotted me so i couldn't draw. Sat this spot 3 mornings and have seen bucks come down the same trail every morning. Got down today and found a great tree for the morning for the planned wind. Just washed all my gear and I am really excited about the morning. If they come down the same trail in the morning I should have a 17 yard shot. Good luck to everybody still hunting!!

John

• Like 2

Cool I hunted all day today. I saw 4 this morning and nothing in the afternoon. I'm officially done gonna just rest tomorrow. I did see a piebald this morning. It was a spike and came right under my stand. Never saw one before and it was a good way to end my season.

post-780-13884542096873_thumb.jpg

post-780-13884542205302_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Brother was out with a friend all day yesterday at Otis Pike. Tough conditions in the rain but they did manage to see 19 deer. Only a very few offered shots. It was a lot of jump and run hunting. My brother did pull up on a late season big buck only to have his scope fogged.

The deer were running by the time he cleared it. So it goes……he will be out a few more times on standby. He said it was pretty crowded yesterday morning at the check in station and some guy gave the workers there a really hard time about procedures, it held everyone up a half hour. Great way to start your hunt……..

Edited by First-light