Heading up to camp

Deerthug

early Saturday morning with my BIL to check on the house. Hoping to set up my new cam and the lock box and do some shed hunting. Is it too early to shed hunt yet? Perhaps I'll take a walk in the field with my stogie and my rifle (in case I see a yote or two).

It's never too early to shed hunt Deerthug! You can find antlers 365 days a year.

I'll bet you got a few laying around camp as we speak! Good luck and enjoy the weekend!

Hey Wooly any hints or pointers you can give me? Where to start my search, in fields, woods, tree lines?

Hoping the weather holds up.....

All of the above!

This early in the season, just follow the deer sign around all those areas and maybe you'll get lucky.

I don't know how far along deer on the island are in shedding right now, but it may still be pretty early like it seems to be here.

If I had to pick just one place to look right now it would be the fields and plots.

• Like 1

I went out the other day tons of tracks ...no racks...never find them here ...unless attached to a skull...did find a new stand real close to line and directly in front of my stand in the middle of our woods...he knows it's there...came over to chat while I was building it...cuts off that section of our place to shoot...hhhmmm well I will remedy that and play the wind better as well this year....So much for staying in middle of property trying to be considerate...

Well the rain stopped for a few minutes here so I went out to change cards on the cams and as soon as I got to the first cam I heard rolling Thunder and the skies opened up on me. I took shelter under some Pines and waited it out. As I'm sitting there right in front of me I see this scrape. After about 5 mins the rain let up and I looked around to see if there were any sheds but once again the rains came. So I high tailed it out of there and back to the house. I was dripping wet. But at least I got to see this.:blink: ...post-1257-13894676981293_thumb.jpg

Sent with Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy 4