This one is for you teenagers. ..

Deerthug

Doc, if you with your over 7000 essays haven't won the blowhard award here, I don't know who else has?  Yeah, OK you guys claim this thread is a joke.  Why don't you reread my first post (which was meant to be my only post) here then.  I only made a statement that it is not wise to throw such attitudes at kids.  You guys obviously took things personally when I made that statement since you all went wild  and elected to tell me the situations with your own kids.  If people tell me things like that their kids kept telling them that they hated them, then I surely will put in my two cents on why that probably occurred.  So all you people want is that when someone starts a thread like this, the only replies are "haha" and that's it??  Jesus Christ Doc, then you sure as hell ought to reread some of your posts once in a bloody while if that's what you expect from the rest of us!!!

Did I touch a nerve? I'm sorry. Was there some kind of childhood trauma that made you so sensitive about jokes? I don't know, I'm just asking .... lol. Perhaps some day you will be able to look at a joke about teenagers without that kind of weird reaction. Now it appears that you have been reduced to just mindlessly striking out at any and all replies. It's sad really, and I should not have added to your obvious distress. So again, I apologize for my reply.

Wrong, there has always been non-stop fun in my house, and it spills into school where teachers tell me that my kids are fun loving, well behaved youngsters.  I definitely DON'T however present an attitude to them that is exhibited on that sign in the first post here.  They may not always do the right thing, but I will not demean them and make them think that they are nothing but dumb kids who just make stupid mistake after mistake.  That is probably why the words "I hate you" are never heard in my house, while others here tell me that they heard it a lot from their kids.  Which brings things back to the first bloody point I tried to make here about that sign, and why I don't see the humor in it like the rest here.  Most here think they are superb parents however, while they think I'm the dope, so go figure why more crap has happened with their kids than with mine?  LOL

The problem is that you obviously have zero sense of humor when it comes to  harmlessly poking fun at teenagers. You see that dumb little sign as "demeaning"  Have you ever corrected one of your kids or told them to stop doing something that you didn't agree with? Was that demeaning. Have you ever joked around with  your kids and lovingly poked a little fun at them? I do, and my kids laugh and  give it right back to me because they're smart enough, and know me enough to realize that its just a joke. 

Over thinking things doesn't make you the smartest suit in the room.

The problem is that you obviously have zero sense of humor when it comes to harmlessly poking fun at teenagers. You see that dumb little sign as "demeaning" Have you ever corrected one of your kids or told them to stop doing something that you didn't agree with? Was that demeaning. Have you ever joked around with your kids and lovingly poked a little fun at them? I do, and my kids laugh and give it right back to me because they're smart enough, and know me enough to realize that its just a joke.

Over thinking things doesn't make you the smartest suit in the room.

Here's a joke for you Ants. Those who call themselves "Ants" probably have a brain the size of an ants. Hope you find the humor in that, cause I sure do.

Here's a joke for you Ants. Those who call themselves "Ants" probably have a brain the size of an ants. Hope you find the humor in that, cause I sure do.

Good one!!!! LOL! You sure told me Mr. mature parent!!  Just don't call me a "stupid head" or anything!! Hope my kids don't see your reply and get all traumatized !!! LOL!!!

Are you two still at it?

NO!! I have to stop!!!! I just told my 16 year old son that his bright yellow Nike sneakers reminded me of clown shoes!!! Now he is on the floor, in the fetal position, sucking his thumb and pissing himself!!!!! WHAT HAVE I DONE??!!

To say a parent isn't a good parent because there teenage child says "i hate you" is crazy. It just shows that teenagers are immature and they have some growing up to do. Grow it sounds like you did a fine job. There are so many different factors in kids lives that can change the way they act, think, feel that are out of a parents contol. The social environments teens face can easily warp their mindset.

• Like 1