This one is for you teenagers. ..

Deerthug

Steve chill out a bit... 

I think you fellas need to chill out more than me.  I made a general statement to your post and some of you here are getting defensive about it.  It's almost like I swatted a hornets nest of parents who somehow feel guilt over what I stated.  That's your problem and not mine.

I think you fellas need to chill out more than me.  I made a general statement to your post and some of you here are getting defensive about it.  It's almost like I swatted a hornets nest of parents who somehow feel guilt over what I stated.  That's your problem and not mine.

LOL!  You don't sound "defensive" at all !!

• Like 2

Yeah, and I've known lots that were totally respectful, and never showed this know-it-all attitude you guys are harping on here. They were terrific kids in every way. Why should they not feel that a sign like that is not a swipe at them also? What can I tell you guys? From my experience, those kids who get out of control and think they know more than anyone probably have parents who think they know it all, too.

I never grew up thinking I knew more than my parents, and even if I did think that, I knew it was through their hard work that gave me the education for that knowledge. I don't see this in many of our teens in this country anymore, but I certainly see it more in other cultures. The "get a job, pay your own bills, move out when you're 18" doesn't work too well IMO.

A little humble pie goes a long way, and bad parenting shows in the offspring.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems

• Like 1

STEVE!!!  the sign is a freaking joke with some truth to it!!!! Don't tell me or anyone else that you have never met teenagers who thought they knew more than you. It's a joke. Deep cleansing breath Steve….deep cleansing breath...

Did you not think you would get some responses?

Guilt?? Really?  Where the heck are you coming from with that? 

In my book it's called being raised right by my parents and carrying that on with my own kids . . .

I could care less if anyone made a response.  I made a general statement that it is not wise to throw such signs at teenagers if you want them to treat you with some respect.  You guys took what I said and went wild.  What else can I tell you guys??  You guys are absolutely unbelievable.

I could care less if anyone made a response.  I made a general statement that it is not wise to throw such signs at teenagers if you want them to treat you with some respect.  You guys took what I said and went wild.  What else can I tell you guys??  You guys are absolutely unbelievable.

So from now on, no one can give their opinion on your responses…. You're on the wrong forum Buddy. 

Wow Ants, I'm the one crying?  I made a general statement and then you suggest that I must be a teenager, that this post was only a joke, etc. etc.  You went completely wild to the simple statement I made about that sign.  I honestly could give a $hit what you think.  I have way more important things to do than listen to any of your nonsense.

Wow Ants, I'm the one crying?  I made a general statement and then you suggest that I must be a teenager, that this post was only a joke, etc. etc.  You went completely wild to the simple statement I made about that sign.  I honestly could give a $hit what you think.  I have way more important things to do than listen to any of your nonsense.

Thats why you keep responding to a JOKE!! …..Hey check this out!! Walmart has a sale on tissue, buy one get one free!!! LOL!   That was a joke too Steve.

Times have change and so education has changed thus maturity and growth has changed.  There was a time when "adults" got married at 16 and had children by the time they were 18.  Now, kids are expected to go to college and establish their careers first.  By that time, they're in their 30's and finally starting to look for a mate to start a family with.  Kids now have so much more to absorb simply because as science advances, new discoveries are made and now have to be remembered.  When I was in middle school, I had to learn how to make a simple computer code that did nothing more than spit out a number when I enter two numbers.  Now kids are expected to email their homework assignment while they're still in elementary school.  While kids today are still learning technology and a second language, we were out there experiencing life.

• Like 2

Guilt?? Really?  Where the heck are you coming from with that?

I would speculate..... a lot of TEAM SPORTS  where...EVERYONE'S a WINNER..there are NO losers....lol..

If a teen can't see that as a simple joke now, and know in his/her own mind that it wasn't DIRECTED at them personally...than they will have a difficult time in the world...until they learn to differentiate...

I Got a lot of hate you's when my kids were growing up...and my favorite saying was ..."Good..hate me now and I'm doing my job...when you turn 18 then you can start liking me"....My kids...both of them(and very different from each other)...thanked me when they left home for the things I taught them...both the easy and hard lessons...for they realized...I did know some things..Like the difference between harassment and truthful no nonsense guidance.....30 and 27...they are still coming to me for answers...

• Like 3

I Got a lot of hate you's when my kids were growing up...and my favorite saying was ..."Good..hate me now and I'm doing my job..

This is completely foreign to me. Never in my life did I tell my parents that I hate them, nor did I ever hear it from my kids or wife for that matter. I think some of you may need to reevaluate yourselves as parents, and you might be giving yourselves more credit than you deserve.

This is completely foreign to me. Never in my life did I tell my parents that I hate them, nor did I ever hear it from my kids or wife for that matter. I think some of you may need to reevaluate yourselves as parents, and you might be giving yourselves more credit than you deserve.

Lol ... I have kind of gotten used to total arrogance from some of the "know-everything" members on this forum. But this is perhaps a first in arrogance here when someone is claiming superiority over other people's parenting skills. This is starting to get kind of silly. For crying out loud, how on earth did we get from a simple harmless (and funny) joke to an accusation that people need to re-evaluate themselves as parents?

• Like 3

LOL...lets see...a child with a masters degree that is responsible for other college students and has had 3 promotions in 5yrs.....a son that at 21 owned his own home out right...was made a manager at the store he worked while going to school and they payed for his semesters...is working full time and has started his own business as well...while working on his home...Gee let me rethink how I raised two  intelligent... independent hard working humans......Hhhmmmm...Yep wouldn't change a thing.

• Like 3

Lol ... I have kind of gotten used to total arrogance from some of the "know-everything" members on this forum. But this is perhaps a first in arrogance here when someone is claiming superiority over other people's parenting skills. This is starting to get kind of silly. For crying out loud, how on earth did we get from a simple harmless (and funny) joke to an accusation that people need to re-evaluate themselves as parents?

Doc, if you with your over 7000 essays haven't won the blowhard award here, I don't know who else has?  Yeah, OK you guys claim this thread is a joke.  Why don't you reread my first post (which was meant to be my only post) here then.  I only made a statement that it is not wise to throw such attitudes at kids.  You guys obviously took things personally when I made that statement since you all went wild  and elected to tell me the situations with your own kids.  If people tell me things like that their kids kept telling them that they hated them, then I surely will put in my two cents on why that probably occurred.  So all you people want is that when someone starts a thread like this, the only replies are "haha" and that's it??  Jesus Christ Doc, then you sure as hell ought to reread some of your posts once in a bloody while if that's what you expect from the rest of us!!!

If what Steve says is true and children will follow their parents lead , his children will have zero chance of developing a sense of humor . It was a sign poking fun of the fact that teenagers act like they know everything and he turns into a debate .

Wrong, there has always been non-stop fun in my house, and it spills into school where teachers tell me that my kids are fun loving, well behaved youngsters.  I definitely DON'T however present an attitude to them that is exhibited on that sign in the first post here.  They may not always do the right thing, but I will not demean them and make them think that they are nothing but dumb kids who just make stupid mistake after mistake.  That is probably why the words "I hate you" are never heard in my house, while others here tell me that they heard it a lot from their kids.  Which brings things back to the first bloody point I tried to make here about that sign, and why I don't see the humor in it like the rest here.  Most here think they are superb parents however, while they think I'm the dope, so go figure why more crap has happened with their kids than with mine?  LOL

I am glad that my kids whom BTW  not only highly intelligent in skill as well as deductive reasoning are willing to challenge authority and voice honest dislike....Now when a 3 to even 16 yr old becomes frustrated and blurts out I hate you.... because they feel their idea of what should be occurring differs from me the parent ...I welcomed that...it lets out those honest feelings in a raw form that I could then mold into a learning dialog and problem solving plan..

I knew where those feelings where directed and they where comfortable enough with me as a parent to know I understood such a release..I never needed to worry my kids were bottling up feelings in ways of disorders or drug use...They grew up with lots of laughter and much frustration as a well rounded individual should....they were never taught to be obedient little puppets...which is why they are so successful and BTW loved by many with a huge loyal friend base.

Here is my wish for you Steve...that as each of your children enter the real world...the one not sheltered by their parents and full of  

there has always been non-stop fun in my house

that they on their own..... come to realize what ever parenting skill you used and life skills you instilled in them is more than enough  to help them maneuver lifes obstacles ....I hope that you receive the same type of gift my children willing gave me ...by coming home for a visit and saying..... Hey  Mom thanks you were right about so many things thanks for letting  me learn and being there... I love you...because that will be a I love you to top even the one you and your wife exchanged at their births...It will be one you know wasn't just said as a  in a... I'm leaving now love ya...but one they thought about and pondered when reviewing life and felt they wanted me to know...I wish that for you...

( dropped a word)

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

Well I am happy I am not the only one who sees the true type of person you are Steve863. 

No point in having a normal conversation with you.  Now I see your convoluted point of view is not just on deer population control on LI.  It's your way or the other person is just plain wrong...  You seem willing to go out into left field to prove this.   

Something is wrong with you, seek help.