Seed research..

Do any of you plotters try new types of seed? As you all know I  I enjoy this whole planting thing so just doing the same ole same ole isn't an option my brain allows...and Mr. B...bless his heart...gives me a pretty good budget for my endeavors...

Though I think that's because ...listening to other guys at work and having watched his Mom ..Aunts and sisters bleed money into clothes shoes purses and salons...He knows how lucky he is to have me...the term designer...has no meaning to me....lol

Well I'm looking at a combo ot seeds...egyptian wheat ...millet or my left over sorghum with sun flowers and or hemp again...my corn planting will go down the new fence row I put in last year and wil be adding another 2-300 ft to this spring...All of my sad sad power plant plantings have to go into RR soybeans and then turnips this year...next year will be a heavy Bw wheat planting then a mow and disk after that goes to seed...so it will reseed with a WR throw over...just in case I don't get to it for another turnip/radish planting...after two years of that I'll go straight into Alfalfa Clover........

Back to your question I use corn seed you buy for feed from tractor supply and I also use tall grain sorghum...I tried hemp but the deer just went crazy on it and I lost the screen

Edited by growalot

Grow.. check out Pheasants forever, I think its their winter blend seed. Corn, sunflowers, bw and sorghums. Each yr they mail me a $10 gander mountain gift card for purchasing seed thru them. Im 6'4 and the sf are as tall or taller than me.

Thanks Zag...

Split the saw comes out tomorrow am...so much cutting to do..need to open some more oak up way to many Y trees that need one side cut and others that have already split and need cutting out...plus more bkl locust posts to cut for drying....Also dying beech from canker...need to come down before they are too dangerous to cut...

• Like 1

Agreed, with this weather and all the other things going on its been a challenge to get the saw in motion. We added a bunch more acreage and want to dive into enhancing it but have decided to wait a yr and get a better understanding on how this large block of woods is used by deer.