Bear up from his slumber

Yotehntr

So this weekend i was going to a remote hunting camp with my stepson's boyscout troop.  The leader usually gets there ahead of time and gets the fires going and generator gassed up.  When he arrived at around 4-4:30 he was unlocking the front door and heard a commotion at the back.  He looked around the building and saw a blackbear coming out of the rear door.  It stopped and looked at him so he yelled and shot his 44 mag over the bears head to scare it away.  There was all sorts of damage inside such as torn down cabinets, what little food or cooking oils were empty, bunks were torn up and the couch inthe back room was torn up, as well as a bunch of Tom Cat mouse killer was eatten and bear crap all over.  The next day the leaders son and I decided to follow the tracks and see where they went after he left the camp.  After about a 4 mile hike we ended up at another camp back in the woods.  At first it didn't look like the bear made in inside until we looked around the corner.  The bear actually ripped the 2' planking right off the building to gain entrance.  We looked through the windows in the kitchen area and saw the mess he had made in there tearing through a wall to gain access to there as well.  We couldn't see into the bunkhouse portion because all the blinds were shut.  There were no fresh tracks leading out of the cabin just in so we think it was still in there, however even with sidearms neither one of us wanted to stick our heads in the hole to find out. 

We have had this happen by us a number of times to many of the Weekenders and Summer houses and trailers in the area.

And this is a True story.Someone I know had a few chickens and had a bear take away the feed so they decided to put the feed in side of there car.The bear Did Not damage the car to get at the feed,It somehow found out that by pushing the button on the door it would open,which it did not just once but two different times. Until the DEC was called and took the bear away.