QDM Meeting with Neighbors

He will not listen to the facts or details but here they are

The QDMA Forums, 1% of the members use the forums.   1% of the members.  Some are upset over an issue... I am sure some will leave.

High fenced hunts.   For the third time.... They never said they were against high fenced hunts if legal and ethical.

Read the position statement here:    http://www.qdma.com/news/faq-qdmas-stance-on-captive-deer-breeding

They have in the past auctioned a high fence hunt,  thousands of acres in an enclosure.  This is not their bread and butter.

Here are numbers I just received this morning about QDMA Growth:

Grassroots membership increase by 34.14% (14,000)o  

Sponsor memberships increase by 36.82% (680)o  

New Branches formed, increased by 105% (41)

Four Season Whitetails, Mike Kerry,  has made repeated comments about profit, over and over.  He hopes CWD spreads all over NY state.  This is not a responsible member of the community and certainly would be shamed by the deer farming community if they found out about his comments.

He sees the QDMA as being threatened by Deer Farms...  this is a joke.  The QDMA doesnt see Deer farms as competition  The QDMA is about improving the Habitat, being good stewards of the land, being a manager instead of just a consumer. It is about youth hunting, improving hunting, solid conservation of the whitetail, and protecting the whitetail and our hunting heritage.   Why would any of us, who enjoy doing QDM on our property and getting lucky to have a chance at harvesting a nice wild older buck vs going to a shooting pen and shooting a pet?  Sure there are some in our instant gratification society that will choose deer farms or canned hunts.

I have asked him over and over what  he does in the means of conservation and giving back as a individual and as the deer farming community... he doesn't answer but tells us about profits.  Tells us he hopes CWD spreads, and thinks we are idiots, while if you take the time to read his comments you can see he is just making things worse for himself and deer farmers.

• Like 2

Nah..Post 207 would not be called name calling in your Mod book im sure.... But thats fine. Look where its coming from?

So now how about that question about thwe QDMA selling HIGH FENCE HUNTS at their fundraiser the last few years.  Care to help him out with that one also?

He said you are delusional. Thats not name calling. You said Im a joke, thats the same thing as NYAntler saying you are delusional. Im sure I can go back and find more instances of you calling members things like that. Instead of arguing, why dont you just follow the rules and there will be no reason for me to ask you, or anyone else to do so. Dont like it, take it up with burmjohn.

As soon as you answer a few of the questions Ive posed and have gone unanswered, Ill get right on that one.

He will not listen to the facts or details but here they are

The QDMA Forums, 1% of the members use the forums.   1% of the members.  Some are upset over an issue... I am sure some will leave.

High fenced hunts.   For the third time.... They never said they were against high fenced hunts if legal and ethical.

Read the position statement here:    http://www.qdma.com/news/faq-qdmas-stance-on-captive-deer-breeding

They have in the past auctioned a high fence hunt,  thousands of acres in an enclosure.  This is not their bread and butter.

Here are numbers I just received this morning about QDMA Growth:

Grassroots membership increase by 34.14% (14,000)o  

Sponsor memberships increase by 36.82% (680)o  

New Branches formed, increased by 105% (41)

Four Season Whitetails, Mike Kerry,  has made repeated comments about profit, over and over.  He hopes CWD spreads all over NY state.  This is not a responsible member of the community and certainly would be shamed by the deer farming community if they found out about his comments.

He sees the QDMA as being threatened by Deer Farms...  this is a joke.  The QDMA doesnt see Deer farms as competition  The QDMA is about improving the Habitat, being good stewards of the land, being a manager instead of just a consumer. It is about youth hunting, improving hunting, solid conservation of the whitetail, and protecting the whitetail and our hunting heritage.   Why would any of us, who enjoy doing QDM on our property and getting lucky to have a chance at harvesting a nice wild older buck vs going to a shooting pen and shooting a pet?  Sure there are some in our instant gratification society that will choose deer farms or canned hunts.

I have asked him over and over what  he does in the means of conservation and giving back as a individual and as the deer farming community... he doesn't answer but tells us about profits.  Tells us he hopes CWD spreads, and thinks we are idiots, while if you take the time to read his comments you can see he is just making things worse for himself and deer farmers.

This is a good one. First of all you can do nothing to hurt the deer farms. You are to weak in numbers.

You say QDMA doe not see deer farms as competition yet the throw false statements over and over against the farms. We improve our lands inside and out.

You say you and QDMA are about protecting the whitetail and conservation yet you/they still say to let bucks grow to mature in all CWD positive states.  You call spreading disease protecting the wildlife> Ha!

You talk heritage. That my friend has been destroyed by your own counterparts. You/they/them all did their part to end hunting as it used to be. The future of hunting for many is gloom at best. We on the other hand continue to grow, Protect our animals and land and offer a much better/safer product.

I told you 10 times over what i do with my 1000 acres i own,Not just ask to hunt on like others. My kids hunt,my friends and their kids hunt and they do it on some of the best property in Jefferson Cty. Why?  because i treat my land and animals the same on both sides of the fence. 

So ya see, when you have no places to hunt or animals to hunt, I on the other hand will have both on both sides of the fence.

Again as has been shown over and over. You are to weak to even slow our growth.

Now lets get back to this high fence thing. Legal and ethical....So who makes the call what is legal and ethical?  I take it the ones that donate to your cause are both but the ones that dont, are not?

Are you saying that yes, QDMA has used HIGH FENCE HUNTS donated to them for monetary gain for their club???????

He said you are delusional. Thats not name calling. You said Im a joke, thats the same thing as NYAntler saying you are delusional. Im sure I can go back and find more instances of you calling members things like that. Instead of arguing, why dont you just follow the rules and there will be no reason for me to ask you, or anyone else to do so. Dont like it, take it up with burmjohn.

As soon as you answer a few of the questions Ive posed and have gone unanswered, Ill get right on that one.

Why of course.  Well let me see if i can just find that info for you.  You are just as two faced as the rest of the club.  The fit is nice!

Why of course.  Well let me see if i can just find that info for you.  You are just as two faced as the rest of the club.  The fit is nice!

Im two faced? LMAO There you go with the name calling again, well, in your opinion. anyway.

Ill be waiting for your answers, but I wont hold my breath.....

Can you ban for stupidity, cos the farmer fits the bill!

Again you two support a group so much that you have to hide the fact that your club makes cash off the very industry you bad mouth.

Your club must be a proud bunch to hide stuff like that.  Kinda like hiding the fact that one of your top leaders had monetary investment in a Pa deer farm. I would want to be part of that bunch. Atl least ours is out in the open for all to see and make their own choices.

Edited by Four Season Whitetails

Again you two support a group so much that you have to hide the fact that your club makes cash off the very industry you bad mouth.

Your club must be a proud bunch to hide stuff like that.  Kinda like hiding the fact that one of your top leaders had monetary investment in a Pa deer farm. I would want to be part of that bunch. Atl least ours is out in the open for all to see and make their own choices.

What part of the QDMA's stance on deer farming dont you understand? WesternNY has posted it up for you to see, its not some big secret lol.

And guess what? WesternNY and any other QDMA member is allowed to have their own opinion of deer farms. Just because they are a member doesnt mean everyone falls in lock step with every little thing. Im sure many deer farmers would be quite embarrassed by the representation of the industry that you are making.

Hey Mike Kerry, what about your claim of more deer farms than QDMA members? Can you pony up some real numbers to back that one up?

Have a hard time reading?  I believe it said wouldnt it be funny IF. We have over 500 farm alone, not counting those that dont buy and sell and those that have hunting ranches.  Add Texas and Alabama along with the rest of the states and i bet it would be close.

There are many that have a huge numbers of deer and acres behind fence right here in Ny that will never be talked about.

What part of the QDMA's stance on deer farming dont you understand? WesternNY has posted it up for you to see, its not some big secret lol.

And guess what? WesternNY and any other QDMA member is allowed to have their own opinion of deer farms. Just because they are a member doesnt mean everyone falls in lock step with every little thing. Im sure many deer farmers would be quite embarrassed by the representation of the industry that you are making.

I want to hear about the part where they take money from the very industry they bad mouth.

So lets hear your thought on QDMA's stance on letting whitetails grow to mature in CWD positive states even though they have been shown by science that this is the biggest spread of CWD across the countryside?

Lets not forget the 145 acres i own outside the safety zone of Letchworth state park.   So tell us your claim to fame and land ownership?

What? So I point out that your land is so great you hunt in a park and your response is this?

I really don't know why you even come to a hunting site, you are into fenced hunting and think poorly of QDMA, the future of hunting ect, why not just stop posting?

The WI data shows older bucks (and does) have a higher prevalence rate of CWD than yearling bucks (and does). 

WV data shows yearlings and 2.5+ year olds have an equal prevalence rate of CWD. 

QDMA's stance is we advocate protecting the majority of yearling bucks – we are not advocating protecting all bucks to full maturity.  

IL data shows they’ve maintained a low CWD prevalence rate through active CWD management (sharpshooting, etc.) while at the same time having a good age structure of their deer herd.   

What? So I point out that your land is so great you hunt in a park and your response is this?

I really don't know why you even come to a hunting site, you are into fenced hunting and think poorly of QDMA, the future of hunting ect, why not just stop posting?

Just to prove guys like you and your posts wrong.  Thats just it.. I have 700 acres of some of the best hunting in Jefferson Cty that people on the site know and have asked to hunt.  I also own land in some of the hottest hunting land in Ny state for whitetail deer next to Letchworth State Park.

So this just shows that in reality i have more skin in the game and do more for the wildlife then you few that like to bad mouth. I dont borrow my hunting land.   Some day when a few of you grow up and have,/do half of what i do for conservation we will talk.

I believe a person should have the choice to hunt where they wish fenced or not and yes the QDMA group is a bunch of two faced people that talk out of both sides of their face. Like bad mouthing an industry they have made thousands of dollars on!

Edited by Four Season Whitetails

I want to hear about the part where they take money from the very industry they bad mouth.

So lets hear your thought on QDMA's stance on letting whitetails grow to mature in CWD positive states even though they have been shown by science that this is the biggest spread of CWD across the countryside?

Again, go read their stance on the subject.

Again, you refer to one study that admittedly has a ton of holes in it. Far from "proven science" in my book.

Have a hard time reading?  I believe it said wouldnt it be funny IF. We have over 500 farm alone, not counting those that dont buy and sell and those that have hunting ranches.  Add Texas and Alabama along with the rest of the states and i bet it would be close.

There are many that have a huge numbers of deer and acres behind fence right here in Ny that will never be talked about.

10000 is 1/6th of 60000. Close?

The WI data shows older bucks (and does) have a higher prevalence rate of CWD than yearling bucks (and does). 

WV data shows yearlings and 2.5+ year olds have an equal prevalence rate of CWD. 

QDMA's stance is we advocate protecting the majority of yearling bucks – we are not advocating protecting all bucks to full maturity.  

IL data shows they’ve maintained a low CWD prevalence rate through active CWD management (sharpshooting, etc.) while at the same time having a good age structure of their deer herd.   

Do you think these are the only states with CWD?   Please show in print what the QDMA supports as far as buck mgmt after just posting what you did about Wisconsin and West Virgina.

Really  QDMA stance is we advocate protecting the MAJORITY( Do they know which one have CWD) of yearling bucks

We are not advocating protecting ALL bucks to maturity.. (Do they know something special to pick and chose who lives because they know who wont contract CWD)  What the he!! does this even mean 

Again, go read their stance on the subject.

Again, you refer to one study that admittedly has a ton of holes in it. Far from "proven science" in my book.

I want to know about the cash and your thoughts on the subject of someone making money off something they bad mouth.

YOUR THOUGHTS.    Deer are deer and fence is fence. Regardless of who puts the fence up and breeds the deer!

There are no holes in the science that shows CWD found in mature male deer more than any others with yearlings second.  Its a fact!

Quick someone call CNN... he doesn't understand what I wrote... that of course is not a surprise!   

If you are going to argue QDMA shouldn't protect any bucks past 1.5 years old, then I guess the deer farmers should do the same.... is that your arguement.

I want to know about the cash and your thoughts on the subject of someone making money off something they bad mouth.

YOUR THOUGHTS.    Deer are deer and fence is fence. Regardless of who puts the fence up and breeds the deer!

There are no holes in the science that shows CWD found in mature male deer more than any others with yearlings second.  Its a fact!

The QDMA is not against all deer farming, so I have no issue with it. In fact, Ive only seen them auction off one enclosed hunt, and that was a place that consisted of tens of thousands of acres.

The study you keep referencing has a ton of holes in it. Just read it, they tell you all about them.

Now are you going to answer some of my questions, or just keep dancing around them?