Need gun advice

Woodjr55

I have a Mossberg 500 combo and I had an idea of taking the scope mounting bracket off of the Remington 770 .300 win mag that I won earlier this year and putting it on my 500 then taking the 4 power scope off of my cantilever barrel for my 500 and putting it on there. I don't plan on using my 770 anytime soon so I was curious as to what you all think. Or I was just going to buy tru glu sights for my 500

Scope mounting bracket? Are you talking about the rings or bases? If you mean the rings, they should fit, if you are talking the base(s), youll have to see if they are interchangeable between the two guns. Honestly, bases are so cheap, why bother taking them off of the other gun? Just get a set for the 500, youre talking less than $10, unless your receiver isnt tapped, then youll need one of the saddle mounts.

Scope mounting bracket? Are you talking about the rings or bases? If you mean the rings, they should fit, if you are talking the base(s), youll have to see if they are interchangeable between the two guns. Honestly, bases are so cheap, why bother taking them off of the other gun? Just get a set for the 500, youre talking less than $10.
i didn't know they were that cheap. This idea kinda just came to me when it was looking at the gun

That 770 make a great boat anchor. Heck it's a better baseball bat than an actual shooter. One of the worst guns ever made.

I think open sights are fine if you plan on conventional loads/distances. People shooting hevi at 50 yds+ I think do better when dialing in a scope. Not so much for the far shots, but the up close ones when the pattern is the size of a quarter.

• Like 1